*[Enwl-eng] They just cut the tumors off chicken and serve it

ENWLine

Oct 25, 2020, 1:16:30 PM10/25/20
to "ENWL-uni"

The USDA says factory farms can cut cancerous tumors off chicken and serve it as usual

Sign Now

Vladimir,

During COVID, many "normal" things have fallen by the wayside — but the safety of our food shouldn't be sacrificed. And yet, that's exactly what Donald Trump wants. It all started when he demanded that meat-processing facilities stay open even though huge outbreaks of COVID-19 were running rampant among workers. His demands just kept getting worse, until his cronies at the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) took things to whole new outlandish heights. In July, they decided that factory farms can turn diseased chicken into meat for human consumption.

Under the new rules, poultry plant workers won't have to inspect birds to see if they're filled with cancerous diseases before grinding them up into dinner meat. In fact, workers now have the go-ahead to simply cut off any visible lesions and malignant tumors before tossing the rest of the bird into the processing pile. This is eerily similar to how COVID-19 started in the first place: with infected animals served up on plates. But Trump doesn't care. Why? Because strangely, in the middle of a global pandemic, his priority is making sure Americans are eating enough meat — including diseased meat. The USDA must do its job to protect the American people from unsafe and sickening foods. Sign the petition to demand that the USDA shut down the use of diseased birds to become dinner meats!

Thank you for all that you do,

Miranda B.
The Care2 Petitions Team

P.S. Farmed poultry are becoming infected with a cancerous disease, and we don't know if it can spread to humans. But Trump's administration says humans should still have to eat these birds. Demand that our food be protected now!

Care2.com, Inc.
203 Redwood Shores Parkway, Suite 230
Redwood City, CA 94065
http://www.care2.com