*[Enwl-eng] #NoWar2020 starts tomorrow!

ENWLine

May 28, 2020, 10:47:06 AM5/28/20
to "ENWL-uni"

Hi,

We're so excited that our virtual #NoWar2020 conference starts tomorrow! We're offering 3 days of online events, in place of our annual convergence that had been planned in Ottawa, Canada. And all of the virtual events are free & open to the public! Our excellent speakers will share their experiences as organizers and activists around the world. It's not too late to register at the links below - and to forward this email to your friends.

*Day 1: Tomorrow, Thursday, May 28 at 12:00pm-2:00pm Eastern Time (GMT-4): Mary-Wynne Ashford will lead an interactive virtual workshop on the efficacy of nonviolence. We'll discuss practical nonviolent solutions at the personal, community, and international level. Register here! Plus, activists from Ontario, Canada are invited to join us tomorrow at 7:00pm Eastern for a special regional online networking session as part of the #NoWar2020 conference. Email ont...@worldbeyondwar.org to register!

*Day 2: Friday, May 29 at 3:00pm-6:00pm Eastern Time (GMT-4): We'll hear 2 back-to-back panel presentations, with plenty of time for Q&A and discussion after each panel. First, from 3:00pm-4:30pm, we'll talk about effective strategies for organizing against weapons expos. We'll hear from Siana Bangura in the UK, Te Ao Pritchard in New Zealand, and Richard Sanders and Colin Stuart in Canada about their experiences shutting down weapons expos, and we'll share tips for running a campaign in your community. Then from 4:30pm-6:00pm, we'll hear from Tamara Lorincz, Brent Patterson, and Simon Black about how to make a just transition from a war to a peace economy. How can we ensure that arms industry workers are re-trained? What are the barriers to economic conversion? Why is demilitarization an essential step to achieving a green economy? We'll answer these questions and much more. Register for Day 2!

*Day 3: Saturday, May 30 at 3:00pm-5:00pm Eastern Time (GMT-4): We're mixing it up with a virtual anti-war activists open mic session. Tune in for live music from Sandy Greenberg and the Ottawa Raging Grannies, plus hear stories from World BEYOND War chapter coordinators around the world. We'll open the floor to all participants to share poetry, music, stories of activism, and more, so come prepared to share something too! RSVP!

Hope to see you on Zoom!

~Greta Zarro
Organizing Director
World BEYOND War
gr...@worldbeyondwar.org

World BEYOND War is a global network of volunteers, activists, and allied organizations advocating for the abolition of the very institution of war. Our success is driven by a people-powered movement – support our work for a culture of peace.

World BEYOND War 513 E Main St #1484 Charlottesville, VA 22902 USA

Privacy policy.
Checks must be made out to "World BEYOND War / AFGJ" or we can't deposit them.

Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2020 10:18 PM
Subject: #NoWar2020 starts tomorrow