*[Enwl-eng] Let’s build the new normal on 9-11 April

ENWLine

Mar 4, 2021, 6:34:29 AM3/4/21
to "ENWL-uni"

Hi,

In the wake of COVID-19, banks and governments around the world are failing to invest enough in a just recovery and a just transition - disrespecting our health, jobs and safety, and the rights of communities on the front lines of the climate crisis, fossil fuel extraction and infrastructure.

When governments waste money on a failing and damaging fossil fuel industry, it impacts all of our daily lives, and it perpetuates crises like the one we are living.

That’s why, this April, we are hosting the Global Just Recovery Gathering, a 3-day online event, full of fun and effective training sessions, graced with amazing activists, leaders, and artists to energise us. It will be a space to design new pathways for a better future for all.

If we reconnect and recharge now, we can build unified pressure to end fossil finance, keep fossil fuels in the ground, and stay within 1.5 degrees of warming for our planet.

Join us at the global just recovery gathering and let’s rebuild what ‘normal’ life should look like. Pre-register now.

The rich world is mobilising unprecedented amounts of money in response that will shape our world for decades to come. The opportunity to transform our world for a just recovery and resilient and clean energy economy has never been greater.

People around the world are coming together to collectively reimagine our future. Join us.

In solidarity,

Fenton and the entire 350.org team

350.org is building a global climate movement. You can connect with us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and become a sustaining donor to keep this movement strong and growing.

Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2021 7:23 PM
Subject: Let’s build the new normal on 9-11 April