*[Enwl-eng] Fw: Mass bee extinction

ENWLine

Oct 10, 2020, 12:59:19 PM10/10/20
to "ENWL-uni"

Hi,

Beekeepers are alarmed: 4 million honey bees just died overnight in Italy. If we want to save the bees, we need to get Bayer’s toxic pesticides banned now, before it’s too late.

We have a plan to do exactly that, but we can’t pull it off without your help. Can you chip in to save the bees?

If you’ve saved your payment information with SumOfUs, your donation will go through immediately:

Donate $3 nowDonate another amount

Thanks for all that you do,
Anne and the team at SumOfUs

See our last email for more details:

It’s a bee massacre: A third of our honeybees are lost each year. There's just one way to stop it: a total ban of Bayer’s toxic pesticides.

If we can collect one million signatures for a European Citizens’ Initiative to save the bees, the EU will be forced to listen to us.

Can you chip in to save the bees?

Dead bee

If you’ve saved your payment information with SumOfUs, your donation will go through immediately:

Donate $3 nowDonate another amount

The bees are vanishing at alarming rates: Over the last 10 years, we’ve lost 30-40% of our honey bees each single year.

Just three weeks ago, 4 million honey bees mysteriously died overnight in Italy. Local beekeepers are devastated. Investigations are ongoing, but one thing we know for sure: Bayer’s pesticides play a huge role in the global bee die-off.

That’s why we want to join beekeepers all over Europe for an ambitious plan: if we can collect one million signatures for a European Citizens’ Initiative (ECI), the EU is forced to listen to us in a public hearing.

But Covid19 has made it hard to collect signatures on the streets and we are behind schedule, with many key countries missing from the tally. And the deadline is coming up fast.

Can you chip in $2 for targeted ads and translators to get enough signatures for our ambitious plan to save the bees?

If you’ve saved your payment information with SumOfUs, your donation will go through immediately:

Donate $3 nowDonate another amount

European Citizens’ Initiatives are one of the most powerful tools to pressure European leaders to act. But they’re not used very often, because the bar for success is so high: we need to gather at least 1 million signatures from more than seven European countries. The sign-up process is cumbersome, followed by a rigorous analysis to make sure every single signature is valid.

But it’s worth it, Vladimir. With the help of an ECI, we managed to get the disastrous trade deal TTIP off the table. And if we can show European politicians that there is a massive movement fighting to save the bees, they will finally be forced to act.

And we don’t have any time to lose. Scientists are sounding the alarm: unless we change course now, the bee die-off will threaten our food security. Almost all the food we eat depends on insect pollination, and honey bees are the most important pollinator.

But we’re still far from our target -- thousands of signatures in key countries are missing, including from countries like Italy, Spain and Germany. And because there’s a quota for each country, we need to make sure we can pay for targeted ads and translators into European languages to reach enough people.

If you’ve saved your payment information with SumOfUs, your donation will go through immediately:

Donate $3 nowDonate another amount

Thanks for all that you do,
Anne and the team at SumOfUs

More information:

SumOfUs is a worldwide movement of people like you, working together to hold corporations accountable for their actions and forge a new, sustainable path for our global economy.

Sent: Friday, October 09, 2020 6:57 PM
Subject: Re: Mass bee extinction