*[Enwl-inf] Fwd: [wildlife-climate] Fwd: [Holobionts] A comment of mine

1 view

ENWL

Jul 22, 2022, 12:33:44 PM7/22/22
to "ENWL-uni"

Идея "Братства 50/50" находит поддержку: WILD пишет, что "В сентябре прошлого года в Марселе 97% членов НПО МСОП и 86% стран-членов МСОП проголосовали за официальное признание научной необходимости защиты половины земель и морей Земли" https://wild.org/half-is-possible/
и призывает поддержать инициативу #Half, стать частью международного движения Survival Revolution https://wild.org/survival-revolution/#ambassador/

От: Yaroslavtseva Anna <alma...@yandex.ru>
Date: пт, 22 июл. 2022 г. в 02:34
Subject: Re: [Holobionts] A comment of mine

Idea "The 50/50 Brotherhood"  finds support
WILD informs
"Last September in Marseilles, 97% of IUCN NGO members and 86% of IUCN member countries voted to officially recognize the scientific necessity of protecting Half of Earth’s lands and seas" https://wild.org/half-is-possible/
and calls to support the initiative #Half, to become part of the international movement Survival Revolution https://wild.org/survival-revolution/#ambassador/
It's probably better to be involved than to do nothing

Sincerely,
Anna

08.07.2022, 12:43, "Svet Zabelin" <svet...@gmail.com>:
I love you, Anastasia!
Today, thanks to Bulat Essekin, we reread the message of James Lavelok from 2006, published in Independent (I couldn't find it) what - as Limits to Growth and Victor Gorshkov&Yours messages remains unheard by mankind. In attachment - automatic translation from SEU community message to humanity made 35 years ago.
But humanity and even its most thinking part remains fully confident that it is possible to bargain with the Biosphere and conclude a compromise agreement.
I attached a reverse translation of a Lovelock message from Russian.
Read it and we'll discuss the real global situation and what to do.
Sincerely,
Svet

пт, 8 июл. 2022 г. в 11:20, Anastassia Makarieva <ammak...@gmail.com>:
Well, I regret to see this discussion of what is allowed to be discussed. Meanwhile calling biomass "green" does not cause anybody's indignation. Forget about gas and nuclear, there are so many trees out there! Don't use plastic, use paper! Wild ecosystems? We have never seen them and don't really care. We will reinstate nice agroecological gardens where we live.
We have completely forgotten (or never known in the first place) that ecosystems are not there to provide food for us. They have something more important to do -- regulate the environmental conditions: clouds, temperature, moisture transport. So when we change them according to our short-sighted views to maximize (ecological) food production, they cannot perform those functions efficiently. They degrade, and so does the climate and environment. But we don't take this global view as long as the local pastoral pleases our sensations.
Best wishes,
Anastassia

пт, 8 июл. 2022 г. в 10:48, Ugo Bardi <prudent...@gmail.com>:
On the recent decision of the EU parliament to label nuclear and gas as
"green"

https://theproudholobionts.blogspot.com/2022/07/the-bad-holobionts-in-european.html

Holobionts are the building blocks of life!