*[Enwl-eng] updated Baltic Sea Militarization document

ENWLine

Oct 3, 2021, 1:22:47 PM10/3/21
to "ENWL-uni"

Dear peace friends in the Baltic Sea region

In 2018 your organisation/movement signed an appeal against the militarization of the Baltic Sea region.

The intention was to arrange follow-up meetings/seminars in different places but then the Corona pandemic broke out and the plans had to be postponed.

However co-operation has been going on in different smaller circles and hopefully we can soon come up with some plans for personal meetings for those interested in stronger cooperation to influence the situation in the Baltic Sea region that has been even more militarized since 2018.

Women for Peace in Finland published in 2017 a document about the Baltic Sea Militarization which is now updated and attached to this mail as pdf.
It is very far from perfect but it shows that we have a lot to do if we want to turn the Baltic Sea into a Sea of peace - a more peaceful region based on negotiations, cooperation, demilitarization and respect for people and the environment.

We will keep you informed about the plans for meetings/seminars.

Best regards

Ulla Klötzer and Lea Launokari -  Women for Peace - Finland

Sent: Saturday, October 02, 2021 5:35 PM
Subject: updated Baltic Sea Militarization document

PS. The contents of this document is in attachment. The document  (9 Mb in .pdf) can be sent to you by request.
Moderator

Contents.doc