*[Enwl-eng] We've lost over half of all animal populations in just 50 years

1 view

ENWLine

Oct 1, 2020, 7:19:32 AM10/1/20
to "ENWL-uni"

A new report just revealed that human action has killed over half the world's wildlife in just 50 years

Sign Now

According to the Living Planet Report 2020 provided by World Wildlife Fund and the Zoological Society of London, worldwide animal populations have plummeted 68% on average since 1970. Over half the world's animals, dead. And in areas closest to the equator like the tropical Americas, which experience global warming to the extreme, animal communities shrank by closer to 94%. Sign the petition to implore the United Nations to create a task force specific to the tropical Americas that would prop up conservation efforts, restrictions on habitat decimation, and sustainable solutions to the ticking time bomb that is factory farming!

As experts for decades have warned, we have not done nearly enough to combat climate change and we are starting to see the devastating effects of a warming planet. And the first victims of these effects are the animals! This is especially tragic because even the mere existence of these creatures is a massive part of what keeps our earth's ecology balanced to make our world habitable. As we abuse the earth with overdevelopment, deforestation, air, water, and soil pollution, and unsustainable agricultural practices, we are burying masses of wildlife beneath our transgressions. We are disrupting the circle of life, and if we take things too far, our planet will respond by becoming totally unlivable. Sign to help protect the most vulnerable animals!

Thank you,

Kelsey B.
The Care2 Petitions Team

P.S. In the last 50 years, the total animal population on earth has shrunk by more than half. Sign the petition to do something about it.

Care2.com, Inc.
203 Redwood Shores Parkway, Suite 230
Redwood City, CA 94065
http://www.care2.com