*[Enwl-eng] Join me for 24 Hours of Reality

ENWLine

Sep 13, 2020, 12:51:27 PM9/13/20
to "ENWL-uni"

The Climate Reality Project

Climate Reality
These are no ordinary times. It's time to ask ourselves one simple question:  At this critical moment of inflection, what kind of future do we want?

The Climate Reality Project and TED are partnering for two incredible days of presentations and discussions exploring how the climate crisis, a global pandemic, and systemic racial injustices are together shaping this historic moment – as well as the path forward to the just and sustainable future we know is within reach.

It kicks off at 11 AM ET on October 10 with TED Countdown's Global Launch, a five-hour program of livestreamed TED talks and discussions with world-changing innovators and thought leaders confronting the climate crisis head-on and showing the way to a just, zero-carbon future.
Then at 4 PM ET,  24 Hours of Reality: Countdown to the Future continues the conversation with 24 full hours of digital presentations and discussions of how the climate crisis, COVID-19, and racial injustice shape our planet.
You can participate in this year’s unique 24 Hours of Reality: Countdown to the Future event by requesting a virtual presentation from a trained Climate Reality Leader within your community – your friends, colleagues, neighbors, religious group, or your school.
Name the time and your intended audience, and our team here at Climate Reality will match you with a volunteer that I’ve personally trained who will present what the climate crisis means for you and how we can solve it together.
I’m thrilled that this year’s 24 Hours of Reality will lift up the voices of the incredible, inspiring people carrying the climate movement on their shoulders, and I’m honored to join them for this exciting day of grassroots action and education.
Countdown to the Future will culminate in a special presentation from myself and activists on the front lines of the climate and racial justice crises worldwide. More on that to come.
I hope you will join us.
Al Gore
Founder and Chairman
The Climate Reality Project