*[Enwl-eng] It's time to say goodbye...

ENWLine

Nov 8, 2020, 12:10:32 PM11/8/20
to "ENWL-uni"

Dear friends,

Today marks a new beginning.

Trump is out...

But all that he stands for, hasn’t left with him. There’s now a Trump in almost every country. Every city, every town.

Someone telling us that we’re different. That we must despise each other. That climate change isn’t an existential threat.

We can’t allow this Trumpism to keep ruling the world. To rip apart our families and destroy our planet.

We must resist.

Let’s all sign this last ever open letter to Donald Trump and pledge to fight for a world that’s different from the one he tried to build: caring, compassionate and united by our diversity.

To build a brighter future. For everyone.

Add your name

Dear Mr Trump,

It’s time to say goodbye.

As citizens from every corner of this planet, of all faiths and cultures, we pledge to stand up for a world that‘s different to the one you tried to build. One that is united, compassionate and sees our diversity as strength.

We pledge to fight, as one, against the existential threats facing us all.

We’ll do our best to heal the wounds you’ve left — on our planet, our societies, our families. To reach out to those who might think different. To find common ground where none seems to exist.

It won’t be easy, but it must be done. What other option do we have?

Your term is over, ours isn’t.

Add your name

With fierce hope and determination,

Christoph, Mike, Nell, Sofia, Melanie, Alma, Fadi, Bert and the whole team at Avaaz

Avaaz is a 60-million-person global campaign network
that works to ensure that the views and values of the world's people shape global decision-making. ("Avaaz" means "voice" or "song" in many languages.) Avaaz members live in every nation of the world; our team is spread across 18 countries on 6 continents and operates in 17 languages. Learn about some of Avaaz's biggest campaigns here, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.

You became a member of the Avaaz movement and started receiving these emails when you signed "G8+5: FEEL THE HEAT, ACT NOW!" on 2007-06-01

To contact Avaaz, please do not reply to this email. Instead, write to us at https://www.avaaz.org/en/contact/?footer or call us at +1-888-922-8229 (US).

Sent: Sunday, November 08, 2020 2:06 PM
Subject: It's time to say goodbye...