*[Enwl-eng] New reports show offshore drilling must end now, but Biden's not convinced

ENWLine

Oct 24, 2021, 9:48:26 AM10/24/21
to "ENWL-uni"

Tell President Biden: Listen to scientists and halt offshore drilling in the U.S. immediately!

Sign Now

The summer of 2021 was the hottest on record, and new Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) reports have a warning for us. If we do not act quickly to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, the future will only be hotter and more filled with catastrophes like fires, famines, and floods. Yet President Biden is oddly claiming that the recent IPCC reports somehow do not provide strong enough evidence for him to end offshore drilling. This is utter balony. The science is exceedingly clear: climate change is getting worse fast, and we must act quickly and dramatically to stop it.

Less than 5% of the world's population lives within U.S. borders, yet the United States has contributed more to climate change than almost any other country in the world. The burden, however, for worsening climate change will mostly be felt by the world's poorest and most vulnerable communities in the Global South — those who have contributed virtually nothing to greenhouse gases in comparison. This injustice could push the most marginalized people even deeper into poverty. On top of that, because of our planet's warming climate, we are on the verge of a sixth mass extinction event.

The link between offshore drilling and climate change also couldn't be more clear. Every second we sink more of our future into petroleum and the ecosystem destruction that accompanies it, we're dooming our future. There's no time to waste. Sign the petition to tell President Biden: climate inaction is a death sentence! Stop offshore drilling today!

Thank you for all that you do,

Miranda
The Care2 Petitions Team

P.S. President Biden must uphold his promise to lead the world in addressing climate change by halting offshore drilling. Sign the petition today!

Care2.com, Inc.
3141 Stevens Creek Blvd. #40394
San Jose, CA 95117
http://www.care2.com