*[Enwl-eng] What does public transportation mean to you?

ENWLine

Mar 31, 2021, 1:18:53 PM3/31/21
to "ENWL-uni"

Today, we’re launching a new global effort with the International Transport Workers’ Federation to secure a green and just COVID-19 recovery by calling for bold investments in public transport systems worldwide.

We want to know – what does public transport mean to you?
Share your story and join us in calling for public transport systems that truly work for all city residents.

Our newly-released research –  “The Future of Public Transport” – shows that investing in public transport and the workers who have kept our cities running throughout the COVID-19 pandemic would have far-reaching impacts for our communities, including:

● Creating 4.6 million new jobs by 2030 across 100 cities

● Cutting emissions from urban transport by more than half by 2030, compared to business as usual

● Reducing air pollution from transport by as much as 45% in some cities

● Protecting workers in lower-income and service sector jobs who rely on public transport for their livelihoods

● Connecting city residents to work, education, leisure and each other

Led by mayors, workers, union leaders and commuters in cities around the world, this campaign underscores what has long been true: public transport systems are a critical part of the fabric of our cities.

We want to know – what does public transport mean to you?
Share your story and join us in calling for public transport systems that truly work for all city residents.
Facebook
Twitter
Website
c40newsletter · 120 Park Ave · New York, NY 10017 · USA

Copyright © C40, All rights reserved