*[Enwl-eng] He's playing games with COVID relief money

ENWLine

Oct 18, 2020, 11:29:02 AM10/18/20
to "ENWL-uni"

200,000 Americans died on Donald Trump's watch. Now he's holding aid hostage, dooming many more.

Sign Now

The American people need relief. In the midst of one of the worst COVID-19 outbreaks in the world with more than 215,000 Americans dead, we are also on the brink of economic catastrophe. Unemployment has skyrocketed. Hospitals are on the verge of financial collapse. Evictions are rising across the nation. And all the while, the deadly virus continues to claim more lives, looming like a super-villain in the background. In order to get through this, the American people desperately need help from our leaders. Yet Donald Trump is playing childish games with relief money.

While Congress wants to step in and provide a desperately-needed economic stimulus package, Donald Trump has instead prioritized forcing through an illegitimate Supreme Court nomination. In the meantime, he's been changing his mind about whether or not to delay an economic lifeline until after the November election. What he's doing is extremely simple: He is holding the money that you and I urgently need hostage. Why? Because he wants to threaten us into voting for him. What kind of leader does this to their own people? Demand that Donald Trump do his job and work with Congress to pass a stimulus measure now!

Thank you for all that you do,

Miranda B.
The Care2 Petitions Team

P.S. The need for a pandemic-related economic package couldn't be greater. Yet Donald Trump doesn't want to help. Turn up the pressure to force Trump to pass a stimulus measure!

Care2.com, Inc.
203 Redwood Shores Parkway, Suite 230
Redwood City, CA 94065
http://www.care2.com