*[Enwl-eng] A lot of money, and our future, is at stake

ENWLine

Jul 16, 2020, 9:02:06 AM7/16/20
to "ENWL-uni"

Hi,

Trillions of dollars are on the table this week as the world's 20 wealthiest nations meet as part of the G20, to discuss how to spend COVID-19 recovery money. Yes, you read that right: trillions.

Decisions made by the G20 finance ministers when they meet on Saturday could influence our world for decades to come.

So now is the time to have your say: tweet at your finance minister and share what a truly #JustRecovery looks like and why we need it.

Right now, politicians are desperate to return to normal as fast as possible.

But ‘normal’ was rapid climate breakdown, growing inequalities, and fossil fuel corporations getting billions from governments to keep drilling and polluting. This money needs to go towards a future that works for people like you and me, not polluters and billionaires.

With the global spotlight on recovery this week, we need to make sure it's our vision of a greener and more just future that reaches people, journalists and politicians across the world. So we’re delivering our messages directly to the finance ministers on Twitter.

It’s time to raise our voices and demand they invest in a Just Recovery – so we can unleash a wave of people power strong enough to challenge the big banks and corporations that typically have the ear of government ministers.

Onwards,

Monica and the 350.org team

P.S.: Not on Twitter but know someone who is? Just forward this email to them and ask them to join the call for a #JustRecovery!

350.org is building a global climate movement. You can connect with us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and become a sustaining donor to keep this movement strong and growing.

Update your email address, location, or language.

Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2020 10:17 AM
Subject: A lot of money, and our future, is at stake