*[Enwl-eng] India’s covid collapse

1 view

ENWLine

May 17, 2021, 1:16:59 PM5/17/21
to "ENWL-uni"

The world is watching in horror as India collapses under a gigantic wave of Coronavirus.

Only 0.2% of vaccines have been given to low income countries, while rich countries hoard vaccines and pharma companies refuse to suspend their profit-pumping patents.

But the US and other governments are changing their tune, and we have a real shot to win -- can you chip in for an urgent campaign to make vaccines available for all?

woman walking past a no vaccines available sign

If you’ve saved your payment information with SumOfUs, your donation will go through immediately:

Patients gasp for air, but there’s no oxygen to give them. Desperate families watch their loved one die in front of them, unable to help.

The world has failed India and the rest of the Global South. Vaccine deliveries have slowed to a trickle, while pharma companies cash in big on the Coronavirus, selling to the highest bidder.

But as India’s death toll skyrockets, the US government finally agreed to force Big Pharma to share their vaccine secrets -- and others are following. This is our chance.

World leaders have a critical meeting in just days, and there’s just one government standing in the way: Germany. If we convince them...we win. If you chip in now, we can pay for stunts, opinion polls, and other high-impact media tactics to put Angela Merkel and her advisors in the global crosshairs -- and demand they make the vaccine available to all. Are you with us?

If you’ve saved your payment information with SumOfUs, your donation will go through immediately:

This is a global pandemic. And the only way that we can fight it is with a global response. A global response that ensures that vaccines are spread equally around the world. If we don’t, more deadly variants of the Coronavirus will inevitably emerge and undermine our current vaccination efforts.

The only way we can avoid more images like the ones coming from India, is scaling up production of vaccines and making them available to everyone in the world. But pharma companies are fighting back hard -- worried about their bottom line.

An army of pharma lobbyists was dispatched to Europe and the US to make sure governments were kept in line -- and patents in place. But as the world sees the consequences, this is changing fast.

Now only Germany is holding the line -- and together we can move them. Will you chip in to vaccinate the world against Coronavirus?

If you’ve saved your payment information with SumOfUs, your donation will go through immediately:

Thanks for all that you do,
Anne and the SumOfUs team

More information:

SumOfUs is a worldwide movement of people like you, working together to hold corporations accountable for their actions and forge a new, sustainable path for our global economy.

Sent: Sunday, May 16, 2021 5:22 PM
Subject: India’s covid collapse