*[Enwl-eng] RBG is gone. Don't let the Senate replace her before Biden's inauguration.

ENWLine

Sep 21, 2020, 12:36:48 PM9/21/20
to "ENWL-uni"

Tell the U.S. Senate not to confirm Ruth Bader Ginsberg's replacement until after the inauguration of Joe Biden

Sign Now

Vladimir,

An already sad year has just gotten that much more tragic. On Friday, September 18, Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg — the second woman to ever serve on the Supreme Court of the United States (SCOTUS) — passed away. The "notorious RBG," as fans dubbed her, was one of only a few liberal justices on a court that Trump has now stacked with right-wing men. Throughout her career, she was a bulwark protecting gender equality, justice, and voting rights.

Before Justice Ginsberg had even passed on, Donald Trump had already gleefully begun to float names for new justice nominees. Some of Trump's hand-picked names include Senators Tom Cotton and Ted Cruz — men who believe the military should be pitted against peaceful protesters and have railed against women's health and autonomy. This should scare each and every one of us.

Republican Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, in a shameful display of heartlessness, has already vowed to hold confirmation hearings on a replacement justice as soon as possible. This is in sharp contrast to his 2016 proclamation that the Senate could not vote on Obama's SCOTUS nominee, Merrick Garland, for a full ten months before Obama left office. At this point, we are only six weeks away from the election — and we have to speak out fast to stop this horrifying nomination train. Sign the petition to tell the U.S. Senate that you absolutely will not accept another Trump Supreme Court justice! Demand that senators refuse to confirm a new justice before Joe Biden's inauguration in 2021!

Thank you for all that you do,

Miranda B.
The Care2 Petitions Team

P.S. In honor of Ruth Bader Ginsberg's memory, we have to fight on and refuse to accept another vicious Trump nomination. Tell the Senate we will not allow them to confirm another Trump pick for the U.S. Supreme Court.

Care2.com, Inc.
203 Redwood Shores Parkway, Suite 230
Redwood City, CA 94065
http://www.care2.com