*[Enwl-eng] #NoWar2020 goes online!

ENWLine

May 8, 2020, 8:45:55 AM5/8/20
to "ENWL-uni"

We’re turning #NoWar2020 - our 5th annual conference originally planned for May in Ottawa - into a series of virtual events this upcoming May 28-30. Because of coronavirus, we can’t meet in person for our annual convergence, but we can still gather virtually to learn, share, network, and strategize.

Here’s the online #NoWar2020 schedule to add to your calendar – all events are free and open to the public:

*Day 1 on Thursday, May 28 at 12:00pm-2:00pm Eastern Time (GMT-4), Mary-Wynne Ashford will lead a virtual workshop on “Nonviolence Strategies – 101 Solutions to Violence, Terror, and War.” Click here to register for the virtual workshop!

*Day 2 on Friday, May 29 will include 2 online panel presentations. From 3:00pm-4:30pm Eastern Time (GMT-4), Te Ao Pritchard, Siana Bangura, Richard Sanders, and Colin Stuart will speak about their experiences as activists and organizers shutting down weapons expos around the world, and share examples of successful campaign strategies and tactics. Then from 4:30pm-6:00pm Eastern Time (GMT-4), we’ll hear from Tamara Lorincz, Brent Patterson, and Simon Black about conversion from a war to peace economy, and why we need to demilitarize to decarbonize. Click here to register for Day 2!

*Day 3 on Saturday, May 30 from 3:00pm-5:00pm Eastern Time (GMT-4) will be a virtual anti-war activists open mic session. We’ll hear live music from the Ottawa Raging Grannies and Sandy Greenberg, along with reports from World BEYOND War chapter coordinators around the world. Come to listen and to share your music, poetry, activism, and more. Click here to register for the open mic session!

While we’re disappointed not to be able to meet in person, we’re glad to provide these offerings virtually. We hope to “see you” this May 28-30 on Zoom and encourage you to invite your friends and networks to join us for this 3-day online gathering!

P.S. Save the date for #NoWar2021 from June 1-6, 2021 in Ottawa, Canada to protest CANSEC 2021 – North America’s biggest weapons expo - and participate in World BEYOND War’s 6th annual global conference!

For a world beyond war,

Greta Zarro
Organizing Director
World BEYOND War
gr...@worldbeyondwar.org

World BEYOND War is a global network of volunteers, activists, and allied organizations advocating for the abolition of the very institution of war. Our success is driven by a people-powered movement – support our work for a culture of peace.

World BEYOND War 513 E Main St #1484 Charlottesville, VA 22902 USA

Privacy policy.
Checks must be made out to "World BEYOND War / AFGJ" or we can't deposit them.

Sent: Thursday, May 07, 2020 4:36 PM
Subject: #NoWar2020 goes online!