*[Enwl-eng] WBW News & Action: Opportunities for Peace

ENWLine

Nov 17, 2020, 9:49:11 AM11/17/20
to "ENWL-uni"

Image

The U.S. State Department has restricted visas for ICC officials and sanctioned court officials. This action has been condemned by over 70 national governments, including U.S. allies, and by Human Rights Watch, and by the International Association of Democratic Lawyers. Sign the petition.

Image

A new book has been published by World BEYOND War called Second Name of Earth Is Peace, edited by Mbizo Chirasha and David Swanson, and including the work of 65 poets from around the world. Learn more and get a copy.

Image

World BEYOND War welcomes to our board of directors: Agneta Norberg, and to our advisory board: Nina Turner, Helen Caldicott, and Christine Ahn. Our full board, advisory board, and other bodies are here.

Image

Image

Now you can have each day's Peace Almanac entry automatically appear on your website by embedding our new widget.

Image

World BEYOND War Podcast Episode 19: Emerging Activists On Five Continents. Listen here.

Image

Watch this recent webinar featuring David Swanson, Executive Director of WBW, discussing the “What about WWII?” question so popular among supporters of militarism.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Find lots more upcoming events and add your own on the events list and map here. Most are online events that can be participated in from anywhere on earth.

Image

Image

#GivingTuesday, a global day of unity and giving, is Dec. 1st. Developing our educational and activist programming in an effort to end war is made possible by our individual donors. Please consider supporting our work with a one-time or recurring donation that can change the lives of those most impacted by current or forthcoming wars, save our planet from further devastation, and offer tangible paths to peace.

News from Around the World

Why Is South Africa Complicit In Turkish War Crimes?

Remembrance Day Remarks in South Georgian Bay

KeepDarnellFree: Solidarity Declaration for Vietnam Veteran And Anti-War Activist Darnell Stephen Summers

Re-Learning To Reject War

Other Countries Have Proven They Want A World Without Nuclear Arms. Why Hasn’t Canada?

A New Course Exploring The Role Of Creative Reason In Shaping History And Geopolitics III

Canada And The Arms Trade: Fuelling War In Yemen And Beyond

Talk Nation Radio: Jon Mitchell on Poisoning the Pacific

How One WBW Chapter Is Marking Armistice / Remembrance Day

Will The Biden Team Be Warmongers Or Peacemakers?

Celebrate Armistice Day: Wage Peace With Renewed Energy

Who Is The Enemy? Defund Militarism And Fund Institutions Of Social Value In Canada

Talk Nation Radio: Steven Youngblood On Peace Journalism

In 1940, the United States Decided to Rule the World

WILPF Fresno’s Jean Hays Interviews Alice Slater On KFCF Radio

WorldBEYONDWar is a global network of volunteers, activists, and allied organizations advocating for the abolition of the very institution of war. Our success is driven by a people-powered movement –
support our work for a culture of peace.

World BEYOND War 513 E Main St #1484 Charlottesville, VA 22902 USA

Privacy policy.
Checks must be made out to "World BEYOND War / AFGJ" or we can't deposit them.

Should giant war-profiteering corporations decide what emails you don't want to read? We don't think so either. So, please stop our emails from going into "junk" or "spam" by "white listing," marking as "safe," or filtering to "never send to spam."

Sent: Monday, November 16, 2020 10:01 PM
Subject: WBW News & Action: Opportunities for Peace