*[Enwl-eng] Dirty power plants now fake green

0 Aufrufe
Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

ENWLine

ungelesen,
28.01.2021, 10:21:4628.01.21
an "ENWL-uni"

Do you know what happens with dirty coal power plants across Europe? They now burn wood and food. The EU calls it ‘green energy’ and subsidises it with our money! The next few days are key to stop this scandal.

When you think 'renewables' you probably think of solar panels and wind turbines. The truth is that in Europe almost 60% of what we call 'renewables' is actually wood and crops. [1] Yes! European power plants burn trees and crops on a mass scale, call it green and the EU gives the producers subsidies for it.

But right now we have the opportunity to change this. In the next two weeks, the European Commission wants to hear your opinion on the law that makes this scandal possible.

This law outlines what is renewable energy and says: 'Please burn trees and crops, that's green!'. That's why we clear our remaining forests and plough and spray the little that remains of our grasslands. And just like that, our old, dirty, coal plants are magically converted into 'clean energy’ plants. All this subsidised with your tax money.

Imagine if tens of thousands of us come together and show the Commission that it's time to put a stop to burning forests and food. It could be enough to make them listen. Sign and tell the European Commission: don't burn forests and food!

Sign now and have your say!

WeMove Europe is thinking about running this campaign but we need your help in deciding whether we recommend it to the rest of the WeMove Europe community. All we need to know from you is this: if you care about this issue, please sign and forward the petition to your friends. It takes one minute and as a valued member of our community, we really want to know what you think! Of course, If the WeMove Europe community decides to move forward with this campaign, we’ll make sure that your voice will be counted in the EU official consultation.

With hope,

David (London), Alex (Marseille), Anna (London) and the entire WeMove team