*[Enwl-eng] Scientists say when a vaccine is ready, not Trump

ENWLine

Oct 16, 2020, 7:47:32 AM10/16/20
to "ENWL-uni"

Trump is pushing an untested vaccine for political gain; the the FDA not to bend his will!

Sign Now

This pandemic has proven that Trump doesn't care about our lives. With over 215,000 lives lost and counting, the United States has the highest COVID-related death rate of any other economically comparable country. It seemed like he couldn't stoop any lower, but now Trump is trying to rush scientists to release an untested vaccine before it's safe — specifically, before the election. Sign the petition to tell the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) not to approve a vaccine unless it's actually safe.

For a vaccine to be viable, it really must be both safe AND effective. For this to happen. a vaccine must be put through one state of labratory testing and then three phases of clinical testing in people. That makes the realistic timeline for a vaccine that works and doesn't hurt people more like spring of 2021. Trump's statements that a vaccine will be ready "right around" election time, maybe even before, immediately disqualify whatever vaccine he is talking about as trustworthy. It's clear what's happening here: Trump's approval rating is on the floor and he's ready to kill even more people by pushing a vaccine before it's ready.

Well, we're not standing for it. We trust doctors and scientists, not reality television stars turned dictators. Sign the petition and demand that the FDA, which will have to approve any vaccine that is given to the public, not listen to Trump's demands to abandon science and safety.

Thank you,

Kelsey B.
The Care2 Petitions Team

P.S. This vaccine must be released on scientists' timelines, not on Trump's! Sign the petition.

Care2.com, Inc.
203 Redwood Shores Parkway, Suite 230
Redwood City, CA 94065
http://www.care2.com