*[Enwl-eng] Animals are skinned, burned, force fed, made sick, and killed for our cosmetics

ENWLine

May 27, 2020, 11:50:19 AM5/27/20
to "ENWL-uni"

A bunny may have lost her life for your blush, but you can make sure this never happens again!

Sign Now

Testing cosmetics products on animals may be outdated, ineffective, and cruel, but that hasn't slowed down the industry at all in the United States. On a daily basis, rabbits, guinea pigs, and other sweet, tiny creatures are shaved so that their skin can easily be subjected to burning chemicals They are fed cosmetics ingredients until they are sick or dead. Sometimes they even force the animals to become sick, breed, and then give birth to even sicker, mutated, or dead babies. If an animal survives all this, they have served their cruel purpose and they are killed — a snapped neck or suffocation are popular choices among cruel handlers. Is our lipstick worth all this pain and suffering?

Maybe the saddest part of all is that animal testing for cosmetics is not always necessary or scientifically valid — there are cheaper, more humane, and more effective ways to make our products safe for us to use. That's partly why the Humane Cosmetics Act was introduced late in 2019, aiming to make testing on animals for cosmetic products illegal in the entire supply chain for any product sold in the U.S. It would be a huge win for animals and the humans who love them, too. But it didn't go anywhere! That's why public pressure is needed to show Congress that people all over the world care about this important issue. Will you sign on to support the U.S. in banning animal testing for cosmetics completely?

Thank you,

Lauren W.
The Care2 Petitions Team

P.S. A little bit of blush is not worth the torture and murder of countless animals. Please sign the petition today to end the cruelty.

Care2.com, Inc.
203 Redwood Shores Parkway, Suite 230
Redwood City, CA 94065
http://www.care2.com