*[Enwl-eng] They are already celebrating (glyphosate)

1 view

ENWLine

May 21, 2022, 7:44:26 AM5/21/22
to "ENWL-uni"
The food we eat, water we drink and air we breathe should be safe for everyone. It’s a simple value, but it’s under threat…
 ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌

The food we eat, water we drink and air we breathe should be safe for everyone. It’s a simple value, but it’s under threat.

Studies are finding a weed-killer - called glyphosate - is leaving toxins in our children’s blood. [1] And they don’t disappear overnight. They poison us over years. [2]

The news comes as our leaders are deciding whether this chemical can stay on the European market. Already Bayer-Monsanto is spending millions to get them on side.

The truth is, they are already celebrating - thinking we’ve all stopped watching. We can show that we haven’t.

Before the final vote, our ministers of agriculture and environment are looking for signs of where the public stands. That means we need to be a thorn in the side of Bayer-Monsanto and bring back this debate. But we are a small team with a lean budget. We can’t do this alone…

If we can raise €32,045 together we’d have more capacity to drum up coverage, build local partnerships and support work on the ground. This would unlock our ability to push back before it’s too late!

So, how about it, will you chip in a little and help get this plan up and running?

Donate €5
Donate €8
Donate €10

We’ve been here before, the last time this substance was up for review, they were expecting a blank cheque for the generations of damage they've caused, looking for a green light to continue that damage for another 15 years.  But, together, we built a giant movement - with over a million of us behind it! Our work as a community meant that it was only renewed for 5 years.

That period is now coming to an end. And another 15 years are back on the table. Whether or not we fight now is the difference between generations of damage or further cutting the legs from Bayer-Monsanto’s feet.

We knew the time would come for us to take up the fight again. But we can only do so if we can count on the resources needed to have a real impact.

And we have a plan to get rolling again. Back then we had one person working full time on this issue. If we can resource that again here are five things we could start on:

  1. Hire a part-time role to coordinate partners and build a scale of support the EU can’t ignore
  2. Organise on the ground work in Brussels to demonstrate the scale of opposition to European politicians
  3. Run national campaigns to grab headlines and build pressure from the bottom up on European politicians in their home countries
  4. Conduct opinion polls to show where other citizens stand and use this information to push back against the lies of Bayer-Monstanto's lobbyists
  5. Coordinate supplying research to politicians that will demonstrate the disastrous effects of glyphosate on our health and environment

With the official political negotiations due to start soon, we are running out of time to make a decision. This is our chance to decide if we want to be in the fight or let it pass us by.

If you think we should take the chance and get involved will you chip in to help get the plan off the ground?

Donate €5
Donate €8
Donate €10
Donate another amount

Thanks for being part of this,
David (London), Tom (Brussels), Olga (Bologna) and the WeMove Europe team