*[Enwl-eng] A disturbing undercover investigation

1 view

ENWLine

Mar 22, 2022, 6:01:44 PM3/22/22
to "ENWL-uni"

Content warning: The details of this investigation are particularly violent.

The Humane Society of the United States

A trapper raising a bat to hit a scared raccoon caught in a trap

Friend,

Today we are releasing the findings of an undercover investigation by Born Free USA, in collaboration with Humane Society International and the Humane Society of the United States. The investigation, which uncovered the horrors behind trapping and the National Trappers Association Convention, was grim and horrifying.

Trapped raccoons were bludgeoned to death with a baseball bat, and one later found to be still alive was beaten to death by a trapper. A dead fox, who was likely killed by coyotes, as he was unable to defend himself or run, struggled so hard to free himself that his leg snapped clean through. A cat was also found dead in a trap, reminding us that these devices can also harm companion animals and protected wildlife species.

A side by side of a sad raccoon stuck in a trap and a wall with raccoon pelts hanging

During a course on trapping education, trainers laughed about illegal activities, and a representative from a state Department of Natural Resources even volunteered information on loopholes in trapping laws. Needless to say, this was truly a hellish investigation. We’re upset and angry and we’re sure you are too but don’t give up because there is work we can do to stop this. Please help pass the Refuge from Cruel Trapping Act, which would help fight this horrendous practice.

Photo by Born Free USA/HSI/the HSUS

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube text
supporter