*[Enwl-eng] These dog-murderers are still roaming free

ENWLine

Jul 4, 2020, 1:26:31 PM7/4/20
to "ENWL-uni"

lice.

Police kill thousands of our sweet pups every year and almost never face any consequences

Sign Now

Vladimir,

According to the U.S. Department of Justice, COVID-19 isn't the only epidemic ravaging our communities — another has been around for years, and it's the epidemic of police officers shooting innocent family dogs dead. Activists estimate that officers gun down our sweet companion animals at a rate of 500 dogs each day, and one every 98 minutes. And for the most part, these killer cops get away with it scot-free. This is what happened to Junior Gonzalez's family. Last month, in June 2020, Junior was working late at the laundromat he owns. A passing deputy saw him inside and automatically assumed Junior was burglarizing the property. Before even asking questions, he drew his weapon.

But Junior wasn't alone; his two loving pit bulls, Roxi and Luna, had been helping their dad at the laundromat that night. When the officer approached, Roxi barked and sat, waiting for pets. The cop responded by shooting this sweet, inquisitive girl in her jaw, chest, and leg. This is a symptom of a much larger problem: police assuming they can just shoot first and ask questions later. But shooting a pet animal at point-blank range should never be the solution to de-escalate a situation. Stop police from murdering our beloved companion animals! Sign the petition to tell all 50 U.S. states to intervene by implementing harsher punishments for dog-killing cops, and reforming the way police approach interactions with animals.

Thank you for all that you do,

Miranda B.
The Care2 Petitions Team

P.S. They're shooting animals that are leashed or in their own homes, just because of a bark or a movement — and they're facing no punishments. Demand an end to this inhumanity now!

Care2.com, Inc.
203 Redwood Shores Parkway, Suite 230
Redwood City, CA 94065
http://www.care2.com