*[Enwl-eng] A Critical Moment for Nature|Join World Biodiversity Summit Alongside the UNCBD COP15 |Explore the Programme

ENWL

Dec 9, 2022, 12:33:39 PM12/9/22
to "ENWL-uni"

Aligning Leaders Across Sectors to
Support the Adoption of a New
Global Biodiversity Framework

On 11 December, World Biodiversity Summit will convene again in Montreal for the final part of this year’s summit series.  The Summit will continue the dialogue we started in New York and Sharm el-Sheikh, and takes place alongside the most decisive event of all for our natural world, as decision-makers finalise the new Global Biodiversity Framework at UNCBD COP15.

At this critical moment for nature, it is important that all stakeholders are on board, from leaders within business and finance, to key government decision-makers and influential civil society organisations. It is crucial that all are aligned in their ambitions to work towards adopting a new Global Biodiversity Framework.

World Biodiversity Summit takes place in the middle of the UNCBD COP15 and the sessions at the Summit address the most crucial issues in biodiversity. They are tailored for a cross-sector discussion of the key elements in the new Framework and adopt a forward-looking and action-oriented focus, providing a platform for experts to offer recommendations to the Framework based on the industry insights and examples of best practice they can share.

Doing so can contribute to the development of a Framework that is viable yet ambitious and that offers opportunities to all pertinent stakeholders.

Join Us Digitally

Thanks to overwhelming interest, all tickets for in-person access are now reserved. However, if you would like to join us digitally and benefit from the insightful, high-level discussions, you can register for digital participation today.

SESSIONS INCLUDE:

Regenerative Agriculture:
Building Resilience Across the Value Chain
A transition towards resilient and nature-positive food systems is fundamental to reducing pressure on biodiversity and ensuring food security. Considering nature-based solutions, finance and regenerative agriculture practices, how can we stimulate this transition? This panel session will gather experts, policymakers, innovators and investors to tackle how to stimulate resilient food production and security to support global biodiversity.

Biodiversity Solutions for All: Towards an Inclusive
Nature-Positive Future

Ensuring that nature-positive solutions to the biodiversity crisis include and benefit all relevant stakeholders globally is not just a matter of justice, but also a matter of ensuring the sustainability, resilience and effectiveness of such solutions. In this session, selected speakers representing diverse stakeholders will outline why the inclusion of local peoples and indigenous communities in biodiversity decision-making is integral to ensuring the success of the new Global Biodiversity Framework.

From Linear to Circular: Innovating Our Economy for a Nature-Positive Future
Shifting to a circular economy has enormous potential when it comes to tackling biodiversity loss. However, shifting the cradle-to-grave model into cradle-to-cradle requires a major rethink on a societal level. This session will adopt a future-oriented focus, as panellists will discuss how we can catalyse the necessary transition to circularity and offer their insights to the innovations that will drive the circular economy of the future.

From Commitment to Implementation: Actionable Leadership for Nature
The Post-2020 Global Biodiversity Framework has the potential to be a turning point for the protection of nature and in the fight against biodiversity loss. However, meeting the long-term vision of ‘living in harmony with nature by 2050’ will require strong leadership in the short term in order to translate the new targets into action. In this closing panel, key stakeholders will reflect on the Framework under negotiation of COP15, and the role that different sectors will need to play to build a nature-positive future.

Dive Into the Programme
SPEAKERS INCLUDE:

Atossa Soltani
Director of Global Strategy, Amazon Sacred Headwaters Initiative

Florika Fink-Hooijer
Director General, Environment Department, European Commission

Paul Rosolie
Founder, Junglekeepers

Dax Dasilva
Founder, Age of Union Alliance

Emilio Tejedor
Head of Environment & Quality, Iberdrola

Madiha Nawaz
Manager, Environmental Markets Innovation, Rainforest Alliance

Elise Croll
Director, Environmental Services, Hydro One

Maya Colombani
Chief Sustainability & Human Rights Officer, L'Oréal Canada

The Rt Hon Lord Goldsmith
Minister of State (Overseas Territories, Commonwealth, Energy, Climate & Environment), UK

See the Full Lineup of Speakers
PARTNER NEWS
Biodiversity: How investing will save the natural world

In this article, Stephanie Glover, Head of Strategy and Sustainable Finance of Guernsey Finance LBG, discusses the importance of nature investments and shares the Guernsey Green Fund initiatives.

Read More

Statement from The Nature Conservancy's CEO ahead of COP15

"Healthy ecosystems underpin nearly every aspect of wellbeing and economic prosperity and there can be no lasting progress on the climate emergency without a simultaneous recovery of our planet’s ecological life-support systems."

Read More

Rethinking the Relationship Between Tech and the Living World

Introducing a white paper “Tech and the Living World” by Capgemini. The paper challenges the reader to rethink our place in the global ecosystem and how we can act to protect, preserve and restore biodiversity.

Read More

Thank you to the partners of World Biodiversity Summit

view this email in your browser
Twitter
LinkedIn
Facebook
Website
Our mission is to facilitate the economic transition to a net-zero, nature-positive and healthy planet through cross-sector dialogue, innovative partnerships and investments in sustainable solutions. Our vision is a decade from 2020 to 2030 where climate and sustainability commitments are transformed via actions into impact that align with the required outcomes of the Paris Agreement on Climate Change and the Sustainable Development Goals.

Copyright © 2022 World Climate Foundation. All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
info@worldclimatefoundation.org

World Climate Foundation
Toldbodgade 55B,1253 Copenhagen C, Denmark

From:: World Climate Foundation <in...@worldclimatefoundation.org>