*[Enwl-eng] Bee-saving ban destroyed

ENWLine

Sep 16, 2020, 9:39:59 AM9/16/20
to "ENWL-uni"

BREAKING: Bee-killing pesticides are making a come-back in France. Bayer’s cashed-up lobbyists just persuaded Macron to overturn the neonics ban you helped win in France.

You can rescue this bee-saving ban -- but we need to move right now. Can you chip in $2 for an emergency campaign to save the bees?

“images

If you’ve saved your payment information with SumOfUs, your donation will go through immediately:

The French government just destroyed your historic ban on bee-killing pesticides.

SumOfUs members like you fought tirelessly for this ban -- forcing France to become the first country ever to ban ALL neonics.

But today France's President Emmanuel Macron ripped that ban to shreds. He’s caved to the pesticide industry, and passed a law that will let industrial farms douse field after field with bee-killing poison -- until 2023.

It’s a death sentence for already struggling bees -- and a slap in the face for bee-defenders around the world fighting for their own national neonic bans.

We still have time to stop Macron. That means going head to head with Bayer and its army of ruthless lobbyists. They’re working round the clock to keep Macron on side -- so we need to scale up now and fast.

Your donation today will launch an emergency campaign and pay for polling, ads, billboards and grassroots events to convince Macron to save the bees, not Bayer’s profits. We’ve got a fighting chance, but we need to get cracking now.

If you’ve saved your payment information with SumOfUs, your donation will go through immediately:

We’re in a worldwide fight to save bees from toxic pesticides. These poisons have proven to be a leading cause of death of whole bee colonies. The latest research shows that bees exposed to these pesticides fly only a third of the distance that unexposed bees can.

But when hundreds of thousands of SumOfUs members like you came together to demand bans on these pesticides, you won.

Your victory in France was historic, and it set the stage for the rest of the world to join and save the bees everywhere. We can’t let Bayer’s crew take that away.

Bayer and co’s cashed-up lobbyists are hoping bee-defenders are too weary from the pandemic to stand up to them anymore. But they’re forgetting the real magic of SumOfUs members: just a few coins from people like you around the world could be enough to break Bayer’s stranglehold on Macron -- and give the bees a fighting chance.

We don’t have a moment to lose. To truly pull off this emergency campaign we'll need to give it our all, without worrying about the money in the bank. Please, can you chip in today to rescue your bee-saving ban?

If you’ve saved your payment information with SumOfUs, your donation will go through immediately:

Thanks for all that you do,
Nabil and the team at SumOfUs

More information:

SumOfUs is a worldwide movement of people like you, working together to hold corporations accountable for their actions and forge a new, sustainable path for our global economy.

Sent: Sunday, September 13, 2020 4:23 PM
Subject: Bee-saving ban destroyed