*[Enwl-eng] The Future Of Our Grandchildren

1 view

ENWLine

Mar 17, 2013, 9:39:47 AM3/17/13
to "ENWL-uni"
See also:

http://www.learnstuff.com/climate-change/

The Future Of Our Grandchildren

*By James Hansen & Subhankar Banerjee*

*Countercurrents.org*

From: "ENWL.Bellona" <ENWL.B...@gmail.com>
To: "Bellona Enwl" <en...@enwl.bellona.ru>
Sent: Sunday, March 17, 2013 1:56 PM
Subject: Re:

(Russian)
RSS: http://groups.google.ru/group/enwl/feeds?hl=ru

ENWLine

Mar 17, 2013, 9:39:32 AM3/17/13
to "ENWL-uni"
The Future Of Our Grandchildren

*By James Hansen & Subhankar Banerjee*

*Countercurrents.org*

James Hansen, head of the NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies in New
York City, and author of "*Storms of my Grandchildren: The Truth About the
Coming Climate Catastrophe and Our Last Chance to Save
Humanity*<http://www.amazon.com/Storms-My-Grandchildren-Catastrophe-Humanity/dp/1608195023/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1363112306&sr=1-1&keywords=james+hansen+storms+of+my+grandchildren>"
gave a lecture as part of the Lannan Foundation In Pursuit of Cultural
Freedom series about our environment and climate change. Subhankar
Banerjee, editor of "*Arctic Voices: Resistance at the Tipping
Point*<http://www.amazon.com/dp/160980385X/ref=nosim/?tag=tomdispatch-20>"
introduced Hansen and engaged in a conversation with him. Banerjee and
Hansen spoke of the "non-human" communities that we are wiping out because
of oil drilling, global warming, and climate change, which is often times
overlooked in mainstream media and government. They also touched upon clean
energy, new fuel sources, the Keystone XL tar sands pipeline, and what it
means to our daily life and our planet's future.
--
"*Let's not talk falsely now. The hour is getting late" - Bob Dylan*

--
"*Let's not talk falsely now. The hour is getting late" - Bob Dylan*