*[Enwl-eng] We cannot ignore the science

ENWLine

Oct 19, 2021, 8:44:07 AM10/19/21
to "ENWL-uni"

Right now, Congress has a historic opportunity to address the unprecedented crises that continue to threaten our health, environment, and our economy. President Biden’s Build Back Better agenda will make science the backbone of federal agencies, protect public health and help curb the existential threat of the climate crisis.

Congress can vote as soon as THIS WEEK on a bill that makes the big, bold, and ambitious investments needed to tackle the climate crisis. With the US Chamber of Commerce, Exxon, and other fossil fuel companies out in force against this proposal, and its fate is hanging in the balance, we need your help.

Your elected officials need to hear from you. Sign this petition and show your support.

The climate crisis has a direct connection to our health. Addressing climate change will improve public health by limiting pollution, improving air quality, and reducing the threat of extreme weather. In March, the President unveiled a bold infrastructure package to help solve the connected challenges facing the U.S. -- the pandemic, climate, justice, and jobs -- by investing in clean energy, transportation, infrastructure, and new and innovative technologies. The plan would also ensure that at least 40% of the benefits of all the benefits of these investments go to those communities that have traditionally been overburdened by pollution, while putting millions of people back to work. We can address the climate crisis by cleaning up the dangerous air pollution that harms frontline communities and all our families.

We need your help - tell your elected officials the time is now to #ActOnClimate by signing this petition.

Margie Alt
CEO, Climate Action Campaign

Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 2021 2:35 AM
Subject: We cannot ignore the science