*[Enwl-eng] Your international 'Appeal for Peace', war in Ukraine

1 view

ENWL

Nov 18, 2022, 8:28:08 AM11/18/22
to "ENWL-uni"

From: Moegling, Klaus <kl...@moegling.de>
Date: чт, 17 нояб. 2022 г. в 14:16
Subject: Your international 'Appeal for Peace', war in Ukraine

Dear peace friends from other countries, dear colleagues,

we have launched an initiative in Germany calling for a diplomatic offensive from our own government to get the UN Secretary General to initiate ceasefire negotiations with a high-level commission, as well as peace negotiations in Ukraine. We have also posted the appeal for peace on change.org to find a large circle of supporters.

We are attaching the Appeal for Peace below as a word file and attached as a pdf document to this email.

Please consider also sending a petition with the help of this appeal to your government or transnational institutions like the EU.

Here it is important to position first a list of e.g. 10 initial signatories who are active in peace organizations, and then later another list of supporters on a website or also on a digital platform, such as change.org. There, supporters can then sign the appeal and their name and place of residence will be published there.

You can see this as we have posted on our website:

https://www.klaus-moegling.de/peace-appeal/

We would love to hear about your activities, please let us know,

best regards

Klaus Moegling

(Member of 'Scientists of Future' and 'Democracy Without Borders')

Prof. Dr. Klaus Moegling

Am Ahlberg 10

34376 Immenhausen

Tel.: 05673-5967

Homepage: https://www.klaus-moegling.de

Appeal for Peace

( ... addressed to national governments, the Commission of the European Union, to members of the European Parliament, further responsible persons in Europe, the USA and Canada and to the global interested public)

The worldwide wars and the constantly accelerated high armament stand in the way of overcoming the ecological crisis.

The arsenals of the nuclear powers and the more than 400 nuclear reactors worldwide as well as the ecological tipping points of climate and other ecological catastrophes as well as the international rivalry are a constantly increasing danger for the future of mankind.

There will be a future of mankind only if it becomes a peaceful one. This involves peace within the societies and between nations as well as in peace with nature.

This requires international cooperation instead of rivalry and enmity.

We warn, in view of the warnings from Sharm El Sheikh, against a renewed loss of time, which humanity can no longer afford.

According to SIPRI, the official 2100 annual billion (in US $) world arms expenditures cause on the one hand a burden on the ecosphere with combustion exhaust gases, on the other hand a destruction of resources on an equally existentially damaging scale, whereby among other things resources for social programs as well as education and the fight against famine are lacking.

The Charter of Paris Treaty (1990) imposed on the treaty-states the task of working for a world peace order that takes into account the security interests of all states. This is the key to overcoming rivalry:

„We, the Heads of State or Government of the States participating in the Conference on Security and Co-operation in Europe, have assembled in Paris at a time of profound change and historic expectations. The era of confrontation and division of Europe has ended. We declare that henceforth our, relations will be founded on respect and cooperation.“

- We therefore demand from the persons in power in the European Union, in the spirit of the 2+4 agreement, that it immediately and with the necessary diplomatic commitment advocate a high-level negotiation initiative, supported by the UN General Secretariat, to end the escalating war in Ukraine. The mutual killing and also the massive environmental destruction caused by war are no longer acceptable by the international community of peoples!

- We demand a consistent ecology-policy and a turning away from the uncritical growth-thinking in order to avert the existential threat to the future of life on earth with a holistic approach. Accordingly, a state's military-related emissions at home and abroad must also be attributed to its national CO2 climate report. We call on the persons responsible in the involved governments to advocate at international climate negotiations that there will no longer be any exclusion of military-related pollution n the documents of international climate negotiations.

- We call for international disarmament coordinated by the UN instead of rearmament. In particular, we demand an end to nuclear armament, which endangers the existence of mankind even more severe after the denunciation of nuclear disarmament treaties and threats of mutual destruction. Therefore, we also demand the accession of the States in Europe and in Nato to the United Nations Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons.

It’s now necessary to negotiate and settle effective diplomatic initiatives and civil society activities in the international framework!

Peace does not come from more war! Wars do not end in peace!

Only a policy that honestly addresses all potential dangers in a timely manner can avert the threats to the future of mankind.

We expect from the governments and from all people in power to take a clear position on this and to act consistently within the framework of international agreements!

--
Вы получили это сообщение, поскольку подписаны на группу "Environmental Negative Consequences of the War".

Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2022 3:18 PM

Appeal for Peace_17_11_22.pdf