*[Enwl-eng] Tougher regulations for gas-guzzling cars

1 view

ENWLine

May 11, 2021, 7:19:18 PM5/11/21
to "ENWL-uni"

Automobiles account for 25% of all U.S. greenhouse gas emissions. It's time for tougher energy regulations, now.

Sign Now

Abrupt, shocking changes in weather patterns. Terrible fires and floods. Scorching heat waves, and more. These are effects of climate change that scientists predicted — and that we've already been experiencing. One of the main reasons for them is our cars. Automotive vehicles, for the most part, run on fossil fuels. As a result, cars and trucks are one of the leading causes of climate change in the U.S., accounting for nearly one-quarter of all greenhouse gas emissions in the country. To help fight the rise of climate change, California is leading the charge by imposing higher standards for vehicles and stricter limits on greenhouse gas emissions, but the state can't do it all alone.

Under the Trump administration, California was blocked from imposing climate regulations for vehicles but luckily, under President Biden, that's all changing. California is the nation's largest economy, so for the state to take such a strong stance is huge — but it would be even better if all the states worked together to hold auto manufacturers accountable nationwide. So far, 13 other states and Washington, D.C. are cooperating with California to create standardized rules for cars' greenhouse gas emissions. Now we need the other 36 states to get on board! Sign the petition to tell all U.S. state lawmakers and governors to join California's climate standards initiative for vehicles — and save our Earth from one of its worst sources of destruction.

Thank you,

Miranda
The Care2 Petitions Team

P.S. Cars guzzle gas, which is turn destroys the entire Earth. Tell U.S. state lawmakers to implement strong eco-friendly requirements for vehicles now!

Care2.com, Inc.
203 Redwood Shores Parkway, Suite 230
Redwood City, CA 94065
http://www.care2.com