*[Enwl-eng] This 4th of July, let's free ourselves from fossil fuels!

1 view

enwl

Jul 1, 2022, 7:19:39 PM7/1/22
to "ENWL-uni"

This weekend, we celebrate our independence. Many of us are hitting the road for the first time in a long time to see friends and family. But with gas prices rising, and our wallets paying the price, you might be having second thoughts.

Most of the big oil and gas companies posted huge profits in 2021, the highest profits seen in years. Yet, as they profit, energy prices for families are going up, with higher prices for gasoline, home heating oil and other fossil-fuel energy. Even with US oil and gas production at near record levels, Americans haven’t been spared from volatile fossil fuel prices.

That’s why it’s time for us to declare our independence from fossil fuels, and make the biggest investments in climate, justice, clean energy, and jobs we’ve ever seen. Sign our petition urging Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer and members of the Senate to pass $555 billion in climate investments right now.

Clean energy, not more drilling for oil and gas, will protect Americans from the volatile and dangerous fossil fuel economy. Wind, solar, and other renewable sources, are homegrown, affordable, and create good-paying jobs here in the US. We don’t need to import it, and it’s not subject to the wild fluctuations of the global fossil fuel markets and supply chain disruptions.

The clean energy and climate provisions under consideration in the Senate would reduce annual US. oil consumption by 180 million barrels per year by 2030 – which, for example, is twice what we were importing from Russia.

No one should be getting rich from our misery, but that’s exactly what the fossil fuel companies are trying to do. And while big oil and gas enjoy record profits , Americans get more hurricanes, floods, wildfires and heatwaves, made worse by accelerating climate change.

That needs to stop. It’s why we need the Senate to pass historic investments in climate, justice, clean energy, and jobs right now for our energy independence. Sign our petition urging the Senate to act now on climate change right here.

Thank you, and have a great Fourth of July weekend,

Raf

Sent: Friday, July 01, 2022 9:22 PM
Subject: This 4th of July, let's free ourselves from fossil fuels!