*[Enwl-eng] Survival

ENWL

Jan 26, 2023, 11:21:48 AM1/26/23
to "ENWL-uni"
Dear friends, The battle for the Amazon’s survival has begun, and this young woman may hold the fate of the forest in her hands.Puyr Tembé is leading Indigenous peoples from across the country in a march on Brazil’s capital to demand the new Congress protect the forest from the storm of logging, mining and cattle-ranching that’s driving it to collapse.Brazil’s new president is on board, but there is vicious opposition from powerful businessmen and their political puppets who see the forest as a resource to be raided.It’s a battle Puyr and her people must win -- and we can help them.Puyr and these brave Indigenous leaders from across Brazil are working on a shoestring budget. But if we all chip in, we can supercharge their fight, making sure the mobilization is just the start, by funding a major political and media campaign to win the policies we need to save the forest.The march is just 6 days away, and our global community could make a huge difference! Donate whatever you can now -- let’s stand with Puyr and save the Amazon while there’s still time:
Take Action Now!
[...]

I'LL DONATE €2
I'LL DONATE €4
I'LL DONATE €8
I'LL DONATE €15
I'LL DONATE €30
OTHER AMOUNT
The Amazon is being eaten alive. The equivalent of 5,000 football fields is being destroyed every single day! Scientists are warning that the entire forest ecosystem could collapse, endangering the very foundations of life on Earth. And with 60% of the Amazon Basin in Brazil, its fate will be decided there.

But a brave Indigenous resistance movement is fighting for its future. Our community could back them with a roar of people power to tip the scales -- and with incredible campaigners, over 19 million members in Brazil, and major Avaaz allies in the new government, we're in prime position for impact!

For the rainforest, and life on Earth, this is the time to go all out -- and if enough of us chip in, we will:
  • Support Puyr and her allies in a massive march on Congress demanding new measures to protect the Amazon;
  • Fund an Indigenous summit for leaders from across the Amazon to plan the forest’s defence at the national and global level;
  • Launch a major political advocacy campaign to secure the policies the forest needs;
  • Build a massive network of citizens in Brazil to support Amazon protection; and,
  • Fight for the Amazon and other key ecosystems with bold campaigns on governments around the world.
The plan is ambitious -- but the future of the Amazon hangs in the balance, and we could be the last generation that can still save it. Let's stand with Puyr in this fight for our future -- donate what you can now:
I'LL DONATE €2
I'LL DONATE €4
I'LL DONATE €8
I'LL DONATE €15
I'LL DONATE €30
OTHER AMOUNT
From South Africa to Greenland, and Peru to China, our movement wraps the world -- and yet no matter where we are, we're all inextricably linked to the Amazon and the wild, precious life it holds. And so in this life-and-death race to save the rainforest, there can be no bystanders. This fight belongs to us all. Join us.

With fierce hope and endless determination, always,

Diego, Ana Paula, Laura, Dudu, Mike, Kaitlin, Bert and the whole team at Avaaz

PS. This might be your first donation to our movement ever. But what a first donation! Did you know that Avaaz relies entirely on small donations from members like you? That's why we're fully independent, nimble and effective. Join the over 1 million people who've donated to make Avaaz a real force for good in the world.

Avaaz is a 70-million-person global campaign network that works to ensure that the views and values of the world's people shape global decision-making. ("Avaaz" means "voice" or "song" in many languages.) Avaaz members live in every nation of the world; our team is spread across 18 countries on 6 continents and operates in 17 languages. Learn about some of Avaaz's biggest campaigns here, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
To contact Avaaz, please do not reply to this email. Instead, write to us at www.avaaz.org/en/contact .
Avaaz.org
27 Union Square West
Suite 500