읽지 않은 첫 메시지로 건너뛰기

ENWLine

읽지 않음,
2022. 4. 30. 오후 12:27:4722. 4. 30.
받는사람 "ENWL-uni"

The Story of Stuff Project

Plastic is a problem.

By now, we all know it, and we’re all talking about it. It seems like there’s a new headline everyday about something that will magically solve the problem, like giant vacuum cleaners that suck plastic off the ocean floor, or bacteria that can digest it; PSAs urge us to join beach clean-ups and buy goods made from old water bottles. Of course, none of the above addresses the real problem: we just make too much plastic.

You may have already seen the first two videos of a new series that we launched on Earth Day: Solving Plastic. We are so excited to bring you this look into viable, simpler, and effective solutions that drive us away from plastic pollution, and towards real systems change. Will you help us expand this series, so we can continue telling the story of solutions that really work?

Our Earth Day launch was just the beginning. We’ll continue to bring you innovations that redesign the throwaway culture that created the plastic crisis in the first place, significantly reduce the amount of plastic we produce overall, and establish a re-use economy that benefits all of us.

help us tell the story of
plastic solutions that work
Chip in

So how did we figure out what makes for a “real solution”? Over the past year, our team has developed our rigorous Solutions criteria, and brought together expert advisors to vet those criteria. In order to qualify as a real solution, it must:

  1. go to the heart of the plastic problem by reducing how much plastic we make in the first place;
  1. benefit people AND the planet, ensuring that the rights of those most impacted by plastic pollution are prioritized;
  1. be scalable and accessible, meaning most people can participate because they're cheaper and more widely available than the polluting alternative. Real solutions benefit everyone, regardless of where they live, or how much money they have.

The truth is, solutions that make the cut already exist in plain sight. It’s time to direct our enthusiasm for solving the plastic problem towards them. It’s going to take all of us to imagine a more sustainable and equitable future – but we can get there, together. Will you help us get there by supporting Solving Plastic today?

From all of us, thank you for being a part of the solution.

In gratitude,

Sage & the Story of Stuff team

Join the conversation!
Youtube Instagram Facebook"" Twitter

The Story of Stuff Project runs on donations from people like you. Please make a one-time contribution, or better yet, sustain our work by signing up to be a monthly donor. Any amount makes a difference!
Donate

Story of Stuff logo

The Story of Stuff Project is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit.
Donations to The Story of Stuff Project are tax-deductible to the
extent allowed by law in the United States.

visit storyofstuff.org  |

Sent: Saturday, April 30, 2022 11:00 AM
Subject: How Do We Solve Plastic?

전체답장