*[Enwl-eng] We Have the Opportunity to Reimagine the World

1 view

ENWLine

Apr 28, 2020, 12:00:23 PM4/28/20
to "ENWL-uni"

As United Nations Secretary General Antonio Guterres said in his argument for a global ceasefire in the face of the Coronavirus: "It is time to put armed conflict on lockdown and focus together on the true fight of our lives."

This global pandemic does not discriminate and has been difficult to mitigate for even the most otherwise powerful and wealthy nations. Meanwhile, as militarism rages around the world and the most historically vulnerable people continue to suffer the most, many nations have already signed on for a global ceasefire and the lifting of sanctions. If nothing else, this moment is giving us a unique opportunity to step back and reimagine what our world could look like beyond war.

COMING MAY 5, 2020:

May 5th is #GIvingTuesdayNow, a new global day of giving to mobilize support and healing for communities suffering across the world due to COVID-19. What better way to bring safety and security to the global community than through the abolition of war, including lifting sanctions—many of which are preventing medical supplies, medications, and food and water from reaching those who need them most right now.

With your support, we can work to create a better and more secure future for everyone: beyond borders, or race, or faith—this crisis we’re in does not draw lines boxing us into one group or another and instead, affects us all universally. By supporting World BEYOND War this #GivingTuesdayNow, we can strengthen our educational and activism work to bring an end to the devastation and global suffering brought on by the proliferation of senseless wars and acts of passive militarism like crippling sanctions.

Follow Martin Sheen’s lead, and support World BEYOND War this Giving Tuesday:

World BEYOND War is a global network of volunteers, activists, and allied organizations advocating for the abolition of the very institution of war. Our success is driven by a people-powered movement – support our work for a culture of peace.

World BEYOND War 513 E Main St #1484 Charlottesville, VA 22902 USA

Privacy policy.
Checks must be made out to "World BEYOND War / AFGJ" or we can't deposit them.

Sent: Monday, April 27, 2020 7:19 PM
Subject: ​We Have the Opportunity to Reimagine the World