*[Enwl-eng] Germany

1 view

ENWLine

Feb 18, 2022, 8:52:00 AM2/18/22
to "ENWL-uni"

The German Government fuels the pandemic

5 million people have already died from Covid -- and Germany is still in lock-step with patent-owners refusing to share vaccines and treatments.

Tell Germany's new government to put people before profits, and stop blocking the pandemic patent waiver.

 Sign the petition

More than 5 million people have died because of Covid, many of those needless deaths because of Big Pharma’s deadly patent monopoly on vaccines and treatments.

Germany is a big blocker of the TRIPS waiver – a proposal that would allow Covid vaccine patents to be shared which would help speed up the manufacturing of life-saving treatments. But with a newly formed government in Germany, there's an opportunity for you to help change the course of this pandemic for good.

An internal battle is playing out in the new German Government right now between politicians in the pockets of Big Pharma and politicians who support the life-saving waiver. Now’s our chance to back the pro-waiver politicians and give them the strength and confidence to act!

Tell the German Government to end the vaccine deadlock and support the life-saving Covid TRIPS waiver.

The European and African Union Summit is happening right now. Both continents want to discuss how to work together to increase access to Covid vaccines and treatments.

Whilst some countries are up to giving people their 4th Covid vaccination, only 12% of Africa’s population has been able to get two vaccinations. And until everyone everywhere is vaccinated, there will always be a risk of new and more dangerous variants of Covid emerging.

The new German Government is driven by their image as the leader of Europe and the helping hand to all countries. That’s why this is our chance to really shine the spotlight on Germany and pressure the government to prioritise people’s health and help end this pandemic by lifting the vaccine patents.

Add your voice demanding the German Government stop supporting Big Pharma’s deadly patent monopoly.

Our community has already come together and convinced the Australian Government to backflip and support the Covid TRIPS waiver. And over 100 other countries already support the waiver including the US, France, Italy and Spain. In order for the waiver to become a reality the European Union must support the waiver too, and Germany is in an influential position to make that a reality.

Let’s make sure the newly formed German Government puts people’s health before the profits of Big Pharma too.

 Sign the petition

Thanks for all that you do,
Nish, Ildem and the team at SumOfUs

More information:

European Council 31 January 2022.

SumOfUs is a community of people from around the world committed to curbing the growing power of corporations. We want to buy from, work for and invest in companies that respect the environment, treat their workers well and respect democracy. And we’re not afraid to stand up to them when they don’t.

Please help keep SumOfUs strong by chipping in $3

Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2022 1:28 PM
Subject: Germany