*[Enwl-eng] Just Launched: Adaptation Gap Report

1 view

ENWLine

Jan 21, 2021, 7:54:07 PM1/21/21
to "ENWL-uni"

logo
Adaptation Gap Report
A focus on nature based-solutions

2020 was not only the year of the COVID-19 pandemic. It was also the year of intensifying climate change: high temperatures, floods, droughts, storms, wildfires and even locust plagues. Strong action is needed now to reduce greenhouse gas emissions to meet the Paris Agreement goals of holding global warming this century to well below 2°C and pursuing 1.5°C.

The UNEP Adaptation Gap Report 2020 looks at where the world stands in planning, financing and implementing adaptation actions. It finds that while nations have advanced in planning, more financing is needed to scale up adaptation projects so they can help protect against climate impacts such as droughts, floods and sea-level rise. Public and private finance for adaptation must be stepped up urgently, along with faster implementation. Want to know more? Watch our Ask A Scientist session to answer your most-searched questions about climate.

Download the report
Adaptation Gap Report 2020
Read the key messages
New data and findings from the report

WATCH THE VIDEO
picture

Executive Summary of the Report

[English]   [Spanish]   [French]   [Arabic]   [Chinese]   [Russian]   [Portuguese]

Spread the word! Share one of these sample posts on social media

Annual adaptation costs in developing countries alone are estimated at USD 70 billion. We need urgent #ClimateAction to close the #AdaptationGap.
Learn more from @UNEP in its latest report. http://bit.ly/3igbUU7

The @UNEP #AdaptationGap Report: nations need to urgently step up action to adapt to the new climate reality or face serious costs, damages and losses. Public and private finance for adaptation must increase, along with faster implementation. http://bit.ly/3igbUU7

New #AdaptationGap Report from @UNEP:
Huge gaps remain in finance for developing countries & bringing adaptation projects to the stage where they bring real protection against climate impacts.
More on the challenges we face & the #ClimateAction we need. http://bit.ly/3nzBTqz

logo
UN Environment Programme, 2021
www.unep.org
Our mailing address is:
unenviron...@un.org

dd892e52-d31d-4f09-b72c-2219082fb635.png

c625dad5-eb7e-499b-80c4-90814fc37e1b.png

c8405a29-ae57-4257-a3ef-2140bef66f74.png

c8405a29-ae57-4257-a3ef-2140bef66f74.png

c8405a29-ae57-4257-a3ef-2140bef66f74.png

c8405a29-ae57-4257-a3ef-2140bef66f74.png

UN Environment Programme does NOT share your information with third parties, UN Environment Programme does NOT share your email addresses with sponsors or any third parties, and UN Environment Programme does NOT run exclusive ‘sponsored’ emails on behalf of third parties. You are able to ask us to send you all of the information we hold about you (subject to certain legal limitations). To do this, please use the email address below and provide any information we may need in order to locate information we store about you.

Please do not print this email unless it is necessary. Every unprinted email helps the environment.If you have questions or suggestions, please email us at unenviron...@un.org

Sent: Thursday, January 21, 2021 2:08 PM
Subject: Just Launched: Adaptation Gap Report

UN Environment Programme · United Nations Environment Programme - United Nations Avenue, Gigiri · P O Box 30552 · Nairobi 00100 · Kenya

Sent: Thursday, January 21, 2021 2:08 PM