*[Enwl-eng] Supporter update: This is historic

1 view

ENWL

Jul 23, 2022, 5:58:00 PM7/23/22
to "ENWL-uni"

The latest from the Humane Society of the United States.

The Humane Society of the United States

Your impact report.

Three beagle puppies

Breaking: Historic transport of approximately 4,000 beagles spared from animal testing

You may have seen in the news that our Animal Rescue Team was approached by the U.S. Department of Justice to remove roughly 4,000 beagles from a breeding facility that supplied laboratories that test on animals. We are honored to have been chosen to lead this historic effort and to coordinate the placement of these dogs with our shelter partners to ultimately find them loving homes.

Government inspectors found that beagles at the facility were being killed instead of receiving veterinary treatment for easily treated conditions; nursing mother beagles were denied food; the food that they did receive contained maggots, mold and feces; and over an eight-week period, 25 beagle puppies died from cold exposure. Some dogs suffered from injuries when they were attacked by other dogs in overcrowded conditions.

Please consider rushing an urgent donation today if you would like to support this historic transport plan and all of our lifesaving work (and haven't done so already).

A child petting a cat

Our Animal Rescue Team deployed to Muncie, Indiana, in October 2021 ready to rescue dozens of cats living in filthy conditions inside a residential property. This is one of those cat's stories.

A puppy mill

In May, we published our 10th annual Horrible Hundred report, a list of problem puppy mills in the United States. Here's what we've learned about the fight against puppy mills along the way.

Two bears hugging

In a major win for America’s most imperiled wildlife, a U.S. federal judge voided a package of regulations enacted by the Trump administration that weakened the Endangered Species Act.

A white rabbit

In a victory for rabbits, guinea pigs, mice, rats and all animals used for testing, Louisiana is the latest state to take steps to end the cruel and unnecessary use of animals to test cosmetics.

Kitty Block and a dog

If you have an animal-loving graduate in your life (or maybe you’re looking to make a change in your own career), take it from us: The animal welfare movement needs you!

A lion, chicken, dog, rabbit, and horse

Love and compassion for animals can bring everyone together. Humane Voices explores the issues facing animals, interviews worldwide animal experts and discusses what you can do to get involved and help.

Photos by Kevin Wolf/AP Images for the HSUS; Courtesy of Jessica Johnson; Michelle Riley/The HSUS;
Paulette Sinclair/Alamy Stock photo; noL/iStock.com; Meredith Lee/The HSUS; The HSUS

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube text

supporter