*[Enwl-eng] Bayer

ENWLine

Sep 26, 2021, 1:27:09 PM9/26/21
to "ENWL-uni"

Bayer, Cargill, and Syngenta are about to get unprecedented power to shape United Nations policies on food production.

Will you join the global movement to stop the UN from partnering with the world’s most dangerous pesticide corporations?

 Sign the petition

There are an estimated 385 million cases of acute pesticide poisonings each year.

That means about 44% of farmers and agricultural workers around the world are poisoned annually. And those numbers could rise if we don’t stop Bayer’s latest power grab.

Right now, the UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is trying to create a formal partnership with CropLife International -- the mega lobbying group that represents Bayer, Cargill, Syngenta and over 300 other pesticide companies.

Allies tell us that an announcement of the deal can come as early as this month unless we stop this #ToxicAlliance.

Sign the petition demanding that FAO stop the #ToxicAlliance with CropLife.

CropLife’s sole purpose is to advocate for the use of its members’ products — which are hazardous pesticides and genetically modified seeds. For decades, these products have locked farmers into ever-escalating pesticide use, and systematically undermined the rights and welfare of the majority of the world’s food producers.

Vladimir, unless we stop this #ToxicAlliance, the companies that are poisoning farmers worldwide will get unprecedented access to power at the United Nations.

Join the global movement to save our food systems from Bayer, Cargill, Syngenta, and the other CropLife companies.

SumOfUs members have worked for years to rid fields and gardens of pesticides -- from pushing for bans on neonics to getting glyphosate off store shelves. We can’t let the manufacturers of these harmful poisons lobby their way to greater power.

Instead of partnering with CropLife, FAO should support people-led, sustainable farming that mitigates climate change and reduces world hunger.

 Sign the petition

Thanks for all that you do,
Lacey and the team at SumOfUs

More information:

Pesticide giants make billions from bee-harming and carcinogenic chemicals, Public Eye, 20 February 2020
The global distribution of acute unintentional pesticide poisoning: estimations based on a systematic review, BMC Public Health, 7 December 2020
Letter of Intent between FAO of the UN and CropLife International, Food & Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, 2 October 2020

SumOfUs is a community of people from around the world committed to curbing the growing power of corporations. We want to buy from, work for and invest in companies that respect the environment, treat their workers well and respect democracy. And we’re not afraid to stand up to them when they don’t.

Please help keep SumOfUs strong by chipping in $3

Sent: Friday, September 24, 2021 2:06 PM
Subject: Bayer