*[Enwl-eng] 70% of our buildings are energy inefficient

ENWLine

Oct 6, 2021, 10:00:52 AM10/6/21
to "ENWL-uni"

Insulating our homes can do a lot to tackle climate change and our energy bills. While the European Commission is on board, many EU countries are dragging their feet - but the gas price crisis changes everything. EU environment ministers are having an emergency meeting tomorrow. Sign to make them take action!

Hi,

Images of floods and fires destroying houses and taking lives in the past few months are still fresh in our minds. Climate change is behind these meteorological extremes.

Making homes more energy efficient is amongst the most effective ways to stop climate change. Over a third of global emissions are caused by buildings.

Keeping our homes warm, or cool, uses a lot of energy. Without proper insulation loads of energy is wasted. Considering 70% of European buildings are energy inefficient, this is a big problem. We need a home renovation revolution, now.

Our governments need to see the link between energy efficient homes, independence from fossil fuels and an end to floods-and-fires-inducing climate change. That’s precisely what the European Commission is proposing, but EU governments are playing deaf, because they have other priorities.

But the energy price crisis is forcing them to pay attention. Ministers for the environment from all over the EU will gather tomorrow. Our community of hundreds of thousands of people has the power to make enough noise to have them listen to our message: we want an ambitious home renovation revolution, one that prioritises people in need. Are you in?

SIGN NOW

WeMove Europe is thinking about running this campaign but we need your help in deciding whether we recommend it to the rest of the WeMove Europe community. All we need to know from you is this: if you care about this issue, please sign and forward the petition to your friends. It takes one minute and as a valued member of our community, we really want to know what you think!

David (London) and the entire WeMove Europe team

You Move Europe is an online action platform dedicated to help making Europe a more democratic, environmentally and socially just place. You Move Europe puts power in your hands. If you have an idea to make Europe a better place, You Move Europe helps you make it a reality. Petitions on this platform are started and run by civil society groups and members of the public. WeMove Europe hosts these petitions and they are in line with our values but they are not necessarily endorsed by WeMove Europe.

Sent: Tuesday, October 05, 2021 8:13 PM
Subject: 70% of our buildings are energy inefficient