*[Enwl-eng] The World We Need Is Back!

ENWL

Aug 6, 2022, 12:58:36 PM8/6/22
to "ENWL-uni"

The Story of Stuff Project

Protecting our planet starts with protecting our people.

In Brooklyn’s Sunset Park, corporate developments are paving over green spaces and raising rent. But the community is coming together to reclaim their space – building communal gardens, installing solar panels, and fighting gentrification – led by youth artist and climate justice organizer Adan Palermo.

This week, we released the third installment in The World We Need series – in it, Adan Palermo tells his story of fighting corporate development and building environmental resilience in New York City’s concrete jungle. Will you help us continue this series, so we can tell the stories and uplift the voices of leaders from critical environmental battles?

The World We Need is a compelling series of first-person narrated animations that feature leading lights of the movement for environmental justice. This series achieves several storytelling goals: it centers the stories of leaders and communities too often underrepresented in environmental media, inspires viewers to explore their own purpose and passion for changemaking, and dovetails with our Grassroots Grants program in an important way – by driving financial and other forms of support toward leaders and groups on the frontlines of the fight for a more sustainable, just and equitable future.

Count me in!

I want to support The World We Need

pitch in

Last year, The World We Need brought you the stories of Eric Enos, who preserves and teaches the ancient Hawaiian practices of caring for land and sea, and Sharon Lavigne, who fights to prevent the toxic buildout of plastics plants in Cancer Alley, Louisiana. Later this year, we’ll bring you the story of Alaskan Gwich’in leader Bernadette Demientieff, who is fighting to protect the pristine wilderness of the Arctic Refuge from oil drilling.

Will you help us keep the series going?

These activists are close to the pain, but also close to the promise – their local victories have a ripple effect and far reaching consequences for all of us. We provide stipends of $1,000 to each of the activists we feature, which is funded through our Grassroots Grants program. It serves as a mini-grant to the organizations they represent. And, we’re developing wraparound materials for each activist, building out our website and social channels with material on their background, links to their organizations, how to support or donate, and updates on their campaigns, as well as study guides and short curricula for educators. Your support will help us produce these inspiring stories and bring them to audiences around the world.

Thank you for standing behind stories that matter.

Miguel and The Story of Stuff Team

Join the conversation!
Youtube Instagram Facebook"" Twitter

The Story of Stuff Project runs on donations from people like you. Please make a one-time contribution, or better yet, sustain our work by signing up to be a monthly donor. Any amount makes a difference!
Donate

Story of Stuff logo

The Story of Stuff Project is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit.
Donations to The Story of Stuff Project are tax-deductible to the
extent allowed by law in the United States.

visit storyofstuff.org  | unsubs

Sent: Thursday, August 04, 2022 1:30 PM
Subject: The World We Need Is Back!