Ir al primer mensaje no leído

ENWL

no leída,
14 mar 2023, 7:50:09 a.m.14/3/23
para "ENWL-uni"

Take Action Now!
Dear friends,
If this clock ever reaches midnight, there'll be no one alive to see it.

The Doomsday Clock was created by scientists to symbolise the urgent dangers to human civilisation, and our proximity to "midnight" -- in other words, our destruction.

It's now at 90 seconds to midnight -- the closest it's ever been.

We are boiling our planet and shattering the temple of life. Nuclear war is suddenly a real threat, and millions are fleeing unliveable heat, drought, and famine. But it's not too late.

We just asked Avaazers everywhere to help set our priorities at this critical time, and now have a bold plan of action for this year. If we raise enough, we will:
  • Go all out for the Amazon -- mobilising millions of people to fight alongside Indigenous communities to win new protections and end illegal logging and mining;
  • Fight the world’s worst oil pipeline -- we'll organise to stop a planet-cooking pipeline in East Africa, and unite to help end the age of fossil fuels;
  • Defend democracy -- together we'll campaign to protect democracy from far-right threats, safeguard human rights, and make our voices heard in crucial elections;
  • Demand governments tax corporations and the super-rich, freeing up funds to reduce inequality and power the transition to renewable energy;
  • And respond at lightning speed to shocking world events, like wildfires, earthquakes, and deadly famine, mobilising millions of dollars to support those who need it most.
We have to stop the clock. But we need you with us. Everything Avaaz does is 100% funded by people like you -- and if 20,000 of us make a small weekly donation, we can mount an almighty defence for humanity and the planet. We simply have to.

For the world of our dreams, for our children, and for all life on Earth, chip in what you can now:
I'LL DONATE €1 WEEKLY
I'LL DONATE €2 WEEKLY
I'LL DONATE €3 WEEKLY
OTHER AMOUNT
Urgent global change is now a matter of survival, and time is running out. Yet fossil fuel profits are soaring, global tensions are rising, and our societies have never been more unequal. Scientists are also warning that total ecosystem collapse is "inevitable", if we don't reverse the extinction crisis.

But another world is still within reach. One where we protect our beautiful planet, thrive in harmony with nature, and turn our backs on war, for good. We can get there -- but with deadlines this urgent, we need a surge of people-power unlike anything we've done before.

Avaaz is fiercely independent of any government or corporate funding. It ensures we can campaign on the most critical issues, without fear or favour. Everything we do is thanks to Avaaz members around the world. You.

Let's bring this plan to secure our future to life! If ever there was a moment for people-power to change the world, it is now. Donate what you can:
I'LL DONATE €1 WEEKLY
I'LL DONATE €2 WEEKLY
I'LL DONATE €3 WEEKLY
OTHER AMOUNT
Avaaz has been at the forefront of efforts to protect our planet and secure action on the climate crisis since our founding 15 years ago. Over that time, the threats have grown, and so has the urgency. Let’s make sure our campaigns and impact grow too -- while there is still time to act.

With fierce hope and determination,

Mike, Bert, Kaitlin, Camille, Adela and the whole Avaaz team

If you're still mulling this over, here are 5 reasons to support Avaaz:
  1. Your donations actually go to social change. Avaaz only raises funds through emails like this. It keeps our fundraising costs low, ensuring your donations are used directly in campaigns to change the world.
  2. Avaaz is independent, and 100% funded by members like you. We don't accept any government or corporate funding -- allowing us to campaign on any critical issue. Everything we do is thanks to small donations from citizens around the world.
  3. Accountability is built into every single one of our campaigns. We use member polling and emails like this to set our campaign agenda. Avaaz members decide what we campaign on, and how. We are fiercely democratic and people-power is in our DNA.
  4. It works! If you've read this far, you've probably been with Avaaz for a while, and you know what we're capable of. We have one of the finest, most ambitious advocacy teams in the world, and a proven track-record of major impact. We strive for systemic change, not piecemeal solutions. For a daily dose of people-powered victories, check out our social media channels.
  5. We punch way above our weight. With a global movement of almost 70 million people, from every country on earth, we ensure our voices are in the room, impacting the decisions that will shape our collective future.

PS. This might be your first donation to our movement ever. But what a first donation! Did you know that Avaaz relies entirely on small donations from members like you? That's why we're fully independent, nimble and effective. Join the over 1 million people who've donated to make Avaaz a real force for good in the world.

Avaaz is a 70-million-person global campaign network that works to ensure that the views and values of the world's people shape global decision-making. ("Avaaz" means "voice" or "song" in many languages.) Avaaz members live in every nation of the world; our team is spread across 18 countries on 6 continents and operates in 17 languages. Learn about some of Avaaz's biggest campaigns here, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
To ensure that Avaaz messages reach your inbox, please add av...@avaaz.org to your address book. To change your email address, language settings, or other personal information, contact us.
To contact Avaaz, please do not reply to this email. Instead, write to us at www.avaaz.org/en/contact .
Avaaz.org
27 Union Square West