*[Enwl-eng] The results are in!

ENWLine

May 20, 2021, 7:48:28 AM5/20/21
to "ENWL-uni"
Our Movement's Ideas for ChangeOur community across the world has taken our annual poll -- and shared hopes and dreams below. Dear friends, The results are in!A few weeks ago, we asked millions of Avaaz members across the world, and in 17 languages, what our top priorities should be for the months ahead?150,000 of us responded!This is likely one of the biggest global surveys ever done, and it will help define our priorities and how we show up in the world at this crucial time.Here are some of the top results -- along with a few of the hopes and dreams that members shared, people like you, who also dream of a brighter, greener, and more equal world.
Take Action Now!

Our Movement's Ideas for Change

Our community across the world has taken our annual poll -- and shared hopes and dreams below.

Dear friends,
The results are in!

A few weeks ago, we asked millions of Avaaz members across the world, and in 17 languages, what our top priorities should be for the months ahead?

150,000 of us responded!

This is likely one of the biggest global surveys ever done, and it will help define our priorities and how we show up in the world at this crucial time.

Here are some of the top results -- along with a few of the hopes and dreams that members shared, people like you, who also dream of a brighter, greener, and more equal world.

The top 5 campaign priorities

 54.94%
The climate crisis

 33.43%
Defending Human Rights

 31.14%
Protecting biodiversity and ending the extinction crisis

 27.82%
Fighting polarisation, extremism, and defending democracy

 25.56%
Tackling poverty

“I dream of a world where respect sets the agenda for all relationships and interactions between people and all living species.”

- Katja L., Avaaz member in Denmark

How should we respond to the climate crisis?

These two campaign ideas had the most support:

 70.71%
Accelerate the green energy revolution by ending multi-billion dollar subsidies for fossil fuels and ensure government spending is in line with climate science.

 57.64%
Win climate laws with teeth that hold governments accountable to their environmental commitments in the courts.

TAKE ACTION: Join our campaign to end this toxic climate treaty.

“I dream of a world where humans can co-exist with nature in a way that reconciles man-made innovation with the natural evolution of the ecosystem.”

- Reggie G., Avaaz member in the Philippines

How should we show up to protect nature and biodiversity?

These two ideas had the most support:

 66.13%
Pressure governments and financial institutions to stop investing in projects that destroy nature.

 45.10%
Help protect half the planet for nature by pushing economic, social, and ecological recovery plans that work for people and the planet.

TAKE ACTION: Join the global call to protect half the planet.

“I dream of a world where nature protection is a priority. Where the design and planning of development projects consider environmental dimensions.”

- Ndiing'a O., Avaaz member in Tanzania

How should we fight for gender equality in 2021?

These two ideas had the most support:

 58.62%
Make 2021 the year governments commit to a global action plan to protect women from violence, and fund groups working to end gender-based violence.

 56.68%
Secure a global pledge from world leaders to end child marriage by 2030 and fund frontline groups working to stop children from becoming brides.

KNOW MORE: Watch our video released for International Women's Day.

“I dream of a world where girls' and women's rights are protected and promoted, a world where girls and women are able to make their own life choices and decisions on issues that directly affect them.”

- Eunice Lynda N., Avaaz member in Turkey

How should we fight the storm of disinformation threatening our communities?

These two ideas had the most support:

 63.43%
Run powerful campaigns to win new social media laws and regulations that protect our democracies and human rights.

 37.94%
Train other civil society organisations on how to protect democratic elections from disinformation and fake news.

⭐ READ MORE: How Facebook is neglecting Europe's 'infodemic'

“I dream of a world where those who spread false information are constantly challenged to prove their statements, and bigoted, racist comments were instantly isolated and identified as what they are.”

- Larry M., Avaaz member in Canada

And how should we face the Covid pandemic?

These two ideas had the most support:

 58.08%
Fight for urgent, equal access to Covid-19 vaccines for everyone, everywhere.

 50.37%
Secure debt relief for poor countries so they can invest in their health systems and economic recovery.

TAKE ACTION: Sign the campaign for a people's vaccine here.

“I dream of a world where people can feel confident in their self-worth, and we all try to treat other beings and the planet as we would treat ourselves.”

- Joye D., Avaaz member in Trinidad and Tobago

The year ahead is full of challenges, but also full of opportunities for real change. Let's stick together, dream big, and work hard to see our hopes and dreams come to life. Thanks for showing up and for keeping this global movement alive!

With gratitude,

Laura, Christoph, Fey, Mike, Raul, Stefanie, and the whole Avaaz team

​​​​Want to help Avaaz have even more impact? Every single thing our movement does is 100% powered by small donations from Avaaz members. Major decisions are looming on the climate crisis, defending democracy, protecting nature and standing up for human rights. Will you chip in a weekly donation to make Avaaz’s crucial work possible in 2021 and beyond?

Avaaz is a 65-million-person global campaign network that works to ensure that the views and values of the world's people shape global decision-making. ("Avaaz" means "voice" or "song" in many languages.) Avaaz members live in every nation of the world; our team is spread across 18 countries on 6 continents and operates in 17 languages. Learn about some of Avaaz's biggest campaigns here, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
You became a member of the Avaaz movement and started receiving these emails when you signed "Join Avaaz!" on 2012-05-15

To contact Avaaz, please do not reply to this email. Instead, write to us at www.avaaz.org/en/contact .
Avaaz.org
27 Union Square West
Suite 500