*[Enwl-eng] A Virtual Festival for Our Planet: RSVP now

ENWLine

May 28, 2020, 7:16:23 PM5/28/20
to "ENWL-uni"

Hi,

The COVID-19 and climate crises push us to ask: how do we chart a path forward for humanity?

As we move towards a collective vision of recovery and justice, we want to build unity and guidance.

That’s why we’re excited to invite you to the Virtual Festival for Our Planet! A global online broadcast to mark World Environment Day, on 5 June. Featuring a host of incredible musicians, frontline activists, thought leaders, artists and political heroes to create a moment of solidarity.

We’ll be joined by Patti Smith, Ben Harper, Rebecca Solnit, Arundhati Roy, Michael Stipe, Angélique Kidjo, Bill McKibben, as well as some incredible grassroots activists — take a look at the list of performers and speakers here.

We bring you this festival in collaboration with Pathway to Paris, because as we face an unknown future, one thing is clear: we simply cannot go back to business as usual. We must be bold in rebuilding our planet — a healthier, more equitable and more sustainable home for us all.

This will be a chance to learn more and join the call for a united global response to this COVID-19 pandemic that ensures a just recovery and transition to a better future for those most in need in the wake of this crisis.

The Festival will be going live on June 5 at 7pm GMT and run for 4 hours live from 350.org’s Facebook page and website. You can watch it and invite friends and family — whether you tune in to the festival as a household, or set up an online watch party to follow along with friends, this is truly going to be a special moment.

Tickets are free and everyone is welcome!

Let’s come together in honour of our communities, environment, future and collective resilience -- because only together we can move forward in confronting the COVID-19 and the climate crisis. Our time is now!

In solidarity,

Thelma and the 350.org team

350.org is building a global climate movement. You can connect with us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and become a sustaining donor to keep this movement strong and growing.

Sent: Thursday, May 28, 2020 2:01 PM
Subject: A Virtual Festival for Our Planet: RSVP now

5 June 2020: This is