*[Enwl-eng] pls sign peace appeal/UN

ENWL

Nov 15, 2022, 9:57:58 AM11/15/22
to "ENWL-uni"

Dear friends of peace all over the world,

Below an appeal for peace to be presented in the UN.

Pls sign by sending and email with

- your name and organisation
- country
 to: May-May Meijer, E: in...@peacesos.nl

DEADLINE: November 20, 2022 - before 20.00 Amsterdam time

Please forward in your networks.

Ulla Klötzer from Finland

-------------------------------

Andrés Manuel López Obrador

Presidente de México

Puerta 8 Palacio Nacional,

Plaza de la Constitución S/N

Colonia Centro,

Ciudad de México,

C.P. 06066

México

Cc. Prof. Jeffrey Sachs, HE Narendra Modi, Holy Father Pope Francis, HE António Guterres

Re: Resolution to be presented at the UN concerning peace negotiations for Ukraine

Amsterdam area, 21 November 2022

Your Excellency,

Greetings from all of us, various peace organizations and peace lovers from all over the world. Also from people from inside Ukraine.

We would like to draw your attention to the suffering of the people in Ukraine. We are shocked by the people dying every day in Ukraine and the threat of a nuclear war. We hope that all lives will be respected and cherished: the lives of the innocent children, the lives of all the civilians, the lives of all the soldiers. We hope that the war in Ukraine will be over soon. That peace will come and that humanitarian aid will be provided. Peace negotiations for Ukraine are needed now. The Black Sea Grain Initiative gives us hope.

Your Excellency proposed a commission for dialogue and peace for Ukraine. Thank you very much for this initiative! This is why we are addressing this letter to you. To be sure that our call reaches you and your committee, we are also sending a copy to the members you wish to include in that committee: HE Narendra Modi and Holy Father Pope Francis. In addition, we are sending a copy to the Secretary General of the United Nations, HE António Guterres.

In an interview with Professor Jeffrey Sachs of Columbia University in Share International magazine, we read that he has proposed to peace organizations to call for a resolution about peace negotiations for Ukraine for the General Assembly of the United Nations.

We strongly support this idea and call in this letter for a resolution about peace negotiations for Ukraine to be presented at the General Assembly of the United Nations. We look forward to hearing your Excellency’s opinion on this.

Hoping to see soon: A World in Which All Children Can Play.

Peace and all the best,

Alex de Brouwer, blogger Peace SOS, Netherlands

Code Pink

Colin Archer, Secretary-General, International Peace Bureau (retired)

David Swanson, Executive Director, World BEYOND War

Foreign Policy Team-Progressive Democrats of America

Jeff Cohen, Rootsaction.org

Joseph Gerson, President, Campaign for Peace, Disarmament and Common Security (USA)

May-May Meijer, founder Peace SOS, Netherlands

Yurii Sheliazhenko, Ph.D., Executive secretary, Ukrainian Pacifist Movement

Ulla Klötzer, Women Against Nuclear Power, Finland

Lea Launokari, Women for Peace, Finland

Please address your correspondence via e-mail to: May-May Meijer, E: in...@peacesos.nl

Virtual office

Postal address: Peace SOS, May-May Meijer

Poortland 66

1046 BD Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2022 2:11 PM
Subject: pls sign peace appeal/UN