*[Enwl-eng] BREAKING: United States election

1 view

ENWLine

Nov 4, 2020, 7:58:42 AM11/4/20
to "ENWL-uni"

Voting has ended in the United States, however, millions of votes are yet to be counted.

Here's the truth: what happens in the US affects all of us. And we have a vital role to play in upholding democratic systems and fighting back against voter suppression.

Now is the time for world leaders to confront the unfolding crisis in the United States and clearly say - no winner will be recognised until every vote is counted.

Call on world leaders to refuse to recognise the result of the US election until every vote is counted.

We know that silencing citizens and voters is disastrous for the climate. For us to build and strengthen our movement for the climate, we need responsive democracies.

The US plays a pivotal role in the climate problem, and solution. If millions of voter voices are disregarded in the US - it will have ripple effects around the world for democracies, and for the climate movement.

If world governments stand by and refuse to act as votes are being suppressed, it will give legitimacy to the authoritarianism spreading all over the world.

This is why it’s important we demand our elected leaders speak loudly and clearly.

Call on world leaders to uphold democracy and require every vote be counted before acknowledging a winner in the US presidential election.

In solidarity,

Aggy and the 350.org team

350.org is building a global climate movement. You can connect with us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and become a sustaining donor to keep this movement strong and growing.

Sent: Wednesday, November 04, 2020 2:06 PM
Subject: BREAKING: United States election

Every vote needs to be counted