*[Enwl-eng] A massive iceberg is headed for this island of penguins

1 view

ENWLine

Nov 13, 2020, 12:00:14 PM11/13/20
to "ENWL-uni"

Warming waters set this iceberg loose. Now it's hurtling towards an island of penguins that may not withstand the crash.

Sign Now

The biggest iceberg in the world just split off from Antarctica. And now it's headed directly for an island full of penguins and other wildlife. And if ever the two should meet, it could spell disaster. Thousands of King penguins, as well as Macaroni, Chinstrap, and Gentoo penguins, seals, and albatrosses call this island, known as the British Overseas Territory of South Georgia, home. But if the iceberg runs around on their shores, it could cut off their access to vital foraging routes, depriving them of food and ultimately leading penguin parents and their babies to starve to death. Sign the petition to demand that the UK fund a scientific mission to feed, care for, and save these penguins!

The reason this particular gigantic 'berg is adrift is because of climate change. Experts predict the iceberg has a 50 percent chance of colliding with the island, and that if this does happen, we only have 20 or maybe 30 days before it does — so we have to put a plan together now in order to save the animals! Urge the British government to help these precious penguins now! They cannot be left to starve to death — especially because of a problem that we humans caused.

Thank you,

Kelsey B.
The Care2 Petitions Team

P.S. An iceberg is headed for this island of penguins! Sign on to save the penguins.

Care2.com, Inc.
203 Redwood Shores Parkway, Suite 230
Redwood City, CA 94065
http://www.care2.com