*[Enwl-eng] New Uvalde report exposes shocking police cowardice

enwl

Jul 19, 2022, 5:12:19 PM7/19/22
to "ENWL-uni"

Plus: Bannon trial set to begin|

OD Action:

It's Our Democracy!
Demand Congress impeach Justices Kavanaugh, Gorsuch, and Barrett for perjury!

Today’s Action: Get out the vote in the primaries!

Today's Top Stories:

photo
Blistering report finds "systemic failures" by authorities in the wake of Uvalde school shooting

A 77-page preliminary report from the Texas investigative committee painted an infuriating picture of institutional failure from top to bottom by Uvalde police department.

Take Action: Fire the Uvalde police who stood around for 40 minutes while children were dying!

photo
Trump gets brutal news from the January 6 Committee

The walls are closing in on the disgraced ex-president and his cronies...

Take Action: Join Bernie and Liz Warren and demand a Social Security expansion!

photo
Republicans pull HORRIFIC new stunt over abortion rights

No Lie with Brian Tyler Cohen: Unbelievable.

At least 5 people shot at Greenwood Park Mall in Indiana
Two have been killed, including the shooter, as America's mass shooting epidemic continues to unfold at a terrifying pace.

Take Action: Demand Congress reform the extremist Supreme Court!

Bannon trial set to begin over failure to comply with Jan. 6 committee subpoenas
Unabashed white supremacist Steve Bannon is headed to trial on two criminal charges for his failure to comply with the House's January 6, 2021, investigation 10 months after receiving subpoenas from the select committee. His proceedings begin Monday with jury selection at the federal courthouse in Washington, DC.

Extreme heatwave kills a thousand Europeans in one week
The inexorable march of climate change claims more and more lives by the week. Wildfires, a record-breaking heatwave, and drought conditions are all joining forces to turn Europe into a living hellscape.

Take Action: Demand Congress rebuff Trump's SCOTUS and take climate change action NOW!

Skittles ‘unfit for human consumption’, lawsuit claims
A new lawsuit claims that the famous candy contains a known toxin, titanium dioxide, and that the Mars corporation continued to poison children after promising to remove the toxin in 2016. But tell me again about how corporate regulations are the real problem in America.

photo
Republicans and their corporate cronies are destroying our future

350.org Expanding our House and Senate majorities has never been more important — the entire planet is at stake. Can you chip in to help Team350 elect climate leaders to Congress?

Bernie Sanders publicly accuses Joe Manchin of "deliberately sabotaging" President Biden's agenda
Manchin has personally killed Democrats' plans to pass universal pre-k, paid family leave, public housing expansion, the Child Tax credit, climate plans, free community college, and a slew of other priorities that would positively and dramatically transform the lives of American families.

Ukraine's president fires spy chief and top state prosecutor
President Zelenskyy made the move in response to 651 accusations of treason and collaboration with Russia by prosecutorial and law enforcement officials. "Such an array of crimes against the foundations of the national security of the state ... pose very serious questions to the relevant leaders," said the Ukrainian leader in a statement.

Moms for Liberty’s conservative activists are planning their next move: Taking over school boards
The right-wing dark money astroturf organization, infamous for leading the manufactured campaign against masking in schools, is now taking aim at school board elections.

Former FDA chief warns U.S. has "failed to contain" monkeypox
I think the window for getting control of this and containing it probably has closed, and if it hasn't closed it's certainly starting to close, said Scott Gottlieb. "We're probably detecting just a fraction of the actual cases because we had for a very long time a very narrow case definition on who got tested,"

photo

A world in flux

The scourge of homophobia is alive and well

Hope...

facebook-share Share twitter-share Tweet

Today’s Action: Get out the vote in the primaries!

After a break from the primary frenzy, Maryland is voting tomorrow! We all know the biggest enemies of progress in America are Republicans, but it’s also been painfully clear that just a few bad Democrats can muck a LOT of things up for all of us. This is our chance to do something about it — to not just elect any Democrats, but to reshape the party with real progressives to advance our legislative priorities!

If you live in Maryland and don’t yet have a plan to vote, make yours now. If you have friends in Maryland, call them and cajole them to the polls! Find out when your own state’s primaries will be held, and identify your current polling place here. It is absolutely critical to show up this year — and every year — to build a truly progressive future.

Every. Vote. Matters. Check your voter registration status and polling place to ensure you’re prepared for upcoming primaries and the midterms — and tell your network of like-minded friends and family to do the same on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, at the park, in the bleachers, in the pews, at the dinner table, and anywhere else you can!

No matter how unpopular Trump and the GOP seem to be, Americans are still dealing with extreme income inequality, incessant voter suppression schemes, worsening climate change, relentless attacks on reproductive care, and the demonization of marginalized communities, because corrupt Republicans are regularly joined by a few bad-faith Democrats hellbent on protecting the status quo. Fortunately, we have some amazing progressives running for office this year — but they can’t win if we don’t show up!

Even though there’s only one primary tomorrow, civic engagement is still as important as ever. There are tons of virtual Get Out The Vote events happening this weekend that need your participation, including virtual phone banking for Tennessee and letter writing with Swing Left tomorrow. You can filter through events here, but no matter what you choose — you’re making a difference in this fight.

Every meaningful electoral victory shares a common thread: progressives turning out in full force on Election Day.

Check your voter registration status at odaction.com/vote and make sure you’re ready to do your part in upcoming primaries and the midterms to win Congress and more. Then share away on social media!

PS — Please don't forget to sign the petition demand Congress impeach Justices Kavanaugh, Gorsuch, and Barrett for perjury, and be sure to follow OD Action on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.

VIEW EMAIL IN BROWSER

Was this email forwarded to you? Subscribe at ODAction.com