*[Enwl-eng] War Abolition 101 Starts April 18

1 view

ENWLine

Mar 29, 2022, 11:39:15 AM3/29/22
to "ENWL-uni"

Click here to learn about War Abolition 101 and reserve your spot in this pay-what-you-can, do-it-when-works-for-you online educational transformation!

Please share with others who may not know about World BEYOND War's courses.

Here’s what past students tell us:

“The course filled me with hope that we can abolish war. I was amazed that we have historical evidence of the development of alternatives to other violent institutions (e.g., trial by ordeal and combat, dueling) that we can draw on and that we have examples of the successful use of nonviolent methods to deal with conflicts.” -- Catherine M Stanford

“I went into Abolition 101 firmly anti-war, of course. But if you had asked me before taking the course if abolition of war was possible, I might have said abolition of war was wishful thinking. Since taking this course, I believe abolishing war is not only realistic and doable, it is imperative that we do so. I appreciate David Swanson and all the instructors for sharing their wisdom and vision for a world beyond war.” -- B. Keith Brumley

“This course gave me hope that the stupidity of war is being addressed in all aspects of how unacceptable and outdated it is. It inspired me to want to include more impact of war preparations in environmental groups, and scared me with the realization that we need to turn around the war economy ASAP or we will get where we are headed.” -- Tisha Douthwaite

“Taking War Abolition 101 was a powerful learning experience for me (my first online course). My husband benefited as well, and I found that simply telling people about the course led to many interesting discussions about war and the need to work toward ending it. The format was accessible, the materials excellent – well-researched, well-documented – and the online discussion forums taught me a lot. I found completing the weekly assignments to be a good challenge for me, and I appreciated the scope we were offered in content and style. I highly recommend this course to anyone concerned about the state of our world and wanting to build capacity to address the biggest issues facing humanity today.” -- Sally Campbell

Learn more and sign up.

World BEYOND War is a global network of volunteers, chapters, and affiliated organizations advocating for the abolition of the institution of war.

Donate to support our people-powered movement for peace.

Opt-in to mobile updates.  Manage email preferences.

Should giant war-profiteering corporations decide what emails you don't want to read? We don't think so either. So, please stop our emails from going into "junk" or "spam" by "white listing," marking as "safe," or filtering to "never send to spam."

World BEYOND War | 513 E Main St #1484 | Charlottesville, VA 22902 USA
World BEYOND War | 450, 4-2 Donald Street | Winnipeg, MB R3L 0K5 Canada

Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2022 2:01 PM
Subject: War Abolition 101 Starts April 18