*[Enwl-eng] WBW News & Action: Events for Peace

ENWLine

Nov 3, 2020, 11:42:23 AM11/3/20
to "ENWL-uni"

Image

Here is our new guide to using billboards to generate media, membership, and activism. The billboard pictured above in Milwaukee, where it generated a lot of media and events, will be going up this week in St. Louis. Our new idea is, now that 50 nations have ratified the Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons, to put up billboards in Europe asking the United States to get its illegal weapons out of the continent. We're looking for more ideas and more funding. Help out here.

Free Webinar: What About World War II? This free webinar, open to all, will feature David Swanson, Executive Director of World BEYOND War, discussing the “What about WWII?” question so popular among supporters of military spending, and the history of Armistice Day. Organized by: Peace Action of Broome County, NY and Stu Naismith Chapter 90 Veterans for Peace of Broome County, NY, U.S. Participants will be able to ask questions via chat and by clicking the “raise hand” button for a turn to speak. All perspectives are welcomed and encouraged. Register here.

Image

Armistice / Remembrance Day #103 is November 11, 2020 — 102 years since World War I was ended at a scheduled moment (11 o’clock on the 11th day of the 11th month in 1918 — killing an extra 11,000 people after the decision to end the war had been reached early in the morning). Find, list, or create an event.

Image

Stop the killing. There is no equivalence of blame or anything else here. Read this article and watch this video.

But the surest way for the world to stop the killing is to embargo all weapons to both sides. Sign the petition, share it with others who can also sign and share it. We can deliver it to governments around the world.

Image

Our latest campaign to ban militarized policing is with a coalition of groups in Portland, Orgeon. Work with us to make this happen where you are.

Events List

Image

Find upcoming events on the events list and map here. Most are online events that can be participated in from anywhere on earth.

Image

Volunteer Spotlight:
Magritte Gordaneer is from

Montréal, Québec and Victoria, Canada. Read about what she's doing here.

Dress for peace:

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Image

Image

Poetry Corner:

Fear

Africa

News from Around the World

Italian Defense Minister Guerini On St. Francis’s Footsteps

Peter Kuznick on the Significance of the Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons

Talk Nation Radio: Yes, The U.S. Worked To Start The Soviet War On Afghanistan

Afghanistan Diary

Troops Out Of Germany And Down A Rabbit Hole

Historic Milestone: UN Treaty On The Prohibition Of Nuclear Weapons Reaches 50 Ratifications Needed For Entry Into Force

Guess Who Arms Both Azerbaijan and Armenia

Canadian Military Plans CF-18 Warplane Monument At New Headquarters In Ottawa

Talk Nation Radio: David Vine on the United States of War

New Report Reveals U.S. Special Forces Active In 22 African Countries

Joint Base Andrews Contaminates Maryland Rivers And Creeks With PFAS Chemicals

Effective January 1, 2021 Nuclear Weapons Will Be Illegal

Maryland, My Maryland! Test These Waters For PFAS

Ending Regime Change – In Bolivia And The World

Alice’s Nightmare in Drone Land

Glory: The Deadliest Drug

WorldBEYONDWar is a global network of volunteers, activists, and allied organizations advocating for the abolition of the very institution of war. Our success is driven by a people-powered movement –
support our work for a culture of peace.

World BEYOND War 513 E Main St #1484 Charlottesville, VA 22902 USA

Privacy policy.
Checks must be made out to "World BEYOND War / AFGJ" or we can't deposit them.

Should giant war-profiteering corporations decide what emails you don't want to read? We don't think so either. So, please stop our emails from going into "junk" or "spam" by "white listing," marking as "safe," or filtering to "never send to spam."

Sent: Monday, November 02, 2020 8:01 PM
Subject: WBW News & Action: Events for Peace