*[Enwl-eng] [wildlife-climate] Call for Input: Five-Year Plan for Research on Climate Intervention to the USA Congress (Until 11:59 pm Sept 9).

1 peržiūra
Praleisti ir pereiti prie pirmo neskaityto pranešimo

ENWL

neskaityta,
2022-09-09 13:25:162022-09-09
kam: "ENWL-uni"

Dear colleagues,

These 2 days are still possible to send a Request for Input to a Five-Year Plan for Research on Climate Intervention to the Congress of the USA. The text of the proposal has to be up to 1,000 words and must be submitted by 11:59 PM ET on September 9, 2022.

This is an important opportunity to potentially influence the direction of this first of a kind program so I would encourage people to submit comments.

You can do it by this link after a simple registration:

https://contribute.globalchange.gov

You should register and then choose “Request for Input to a Five-Year Plan for Research on Climate Intervention”.

Please, read below my letter the information about this request which they give after the registration.

I'm going to send there a text based on the appeal which was made in the frame of the  “Stop the Harmful Forms of Prescribed Burnings!” international public campaign of ISEU , which we recently sent to the US government (DOCX, PDF).

Maybe someone will want to send there the appeals on their own topics (they should be related to Climate change), or will be able to duplicate the appeal on prescribed burns, adding your thoughts to it? The text of our appeal to the US government can be downloaded from the link below:

http://www.green-forums.info/stop-burnings/Appeals/Appeal_to_US_Government_25Jul2022.docx

All the text materials of the SHFPB campaign posted on its website can be freely used by everyone (with or without a link to the campaign). I remind you that the entire position of the Stop the Harmful Forms of Prescribed Burnings!” campaign is available here: PDFDOCX

Also, on its website: http://www.green-forums.info/stop-burnings/

The Holobionts google group recently had a big discussion on the topic of this appeal.  After this discussion, Ugo Bardi published a blog article about this topic: "The Prescribed Burning of Forests. Is it a Good Idea?

I did not yet say Thanks to Ugo for this article.. so, Thank you, Ugo!!..

With best wishes,

Natalia Novoselova

International Socio-Ecological Union

Request for Input to a Five-Year Plan for Research on Climate Intervention

In the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2022, the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP), in coordination with relevant Federal agencies, was directed by Congress to develop a five-year “scientific assessment of solar and other rapid climate interventions in the context of near-term climate risks and hazards. The report shall include: (1) the definition of goals in relevant areas of scientific research; (2) capabilities required to model, analyze, observe, and monitor atmospheric composition; (3) climate impacts and the Earth's radiation budget; and (4) the coordination of Federal research and investments to deliver this assessment to manage near-term climate risk and research in climate intervention.”

OSTP recognizes the importance of this research topic. With the assistance of the U.S. Global Change Research Program, OSTP is offering a brief comment period to enable public input while also providing a timely response to Congress. The focus of this plan will be on research associated with climate intervention, and comments are being requested in that context only.

Input should be narrative only (i.e., no figures, graphics, or attachments), should be limited to 1,000 words, should respond to the Congressional direction above, and should relate either to one of the four categories listed in the Omnibus language or more generally to climate intervention research. Input must be submitted by 11:59 PM ET on September 9, 2022

OSTP may publicly release or post submitted responses, without change. Therefore, no business proprietary information, copyrighted information, or personally identifiable information should be submitted in response to this request.

 https://contribute.globalchange.gov

Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2022 5:51 PM
Subject: [wildlife-climate] Call for Input: Five-Year Plan for Research on Climate Intervention to the USA Congress (Until 11:59 pm Sept 9).

Atsakyti visiems