*[Enwl-eng] SumOfUs: Horrible news for the bees

ENWLine

Apr 14, 2020, 10:22:20 AM4/14/20
to "ENWL-uni"

BREAKING: We just found out that Dow Chemical is appealing the ban on bee-killing pesticides. We’re taking legal action -- but we need your help to pay for lawyers.

Can you chip in to save the bees?

Donating just takes a moment -- use Paypal or your card.

Donate $1 now

While we worry about loved ones and try to come to terms with a terrifying global pandemic, Dow Chemical has secretly gone back to court to appeal your hard-won ban on bee-killing pesticides in France.

It’s the perfect opportunity for Dow -- with the world distracted -- to get the ban overturned and continue lining its pockets by killing our bees.

It's a low blow. But this community won't stand for it.

Together with our beekeeper friends from the National Union of French Beekeeping and Acting for the Environment we’re mounting a bee-saving legal case to stop Dow. But at times like these, when our resources are stretched thin, more than ever we need your help to keep fighting for the bees, Vladimir.

Donating just takes a moment -- use Paypal or your card.

Can you chip in $1 to help our legal case to save the bees?

I don’t know about you. But being out in nature and watching spring unfold, is the one way I find peace and solace in these unsettling times. So when I heard that this pesticide giant is still trying to profit from killing bees and insects, it just broke my heart.

So much feels out of our control right now, but protecting these hard-won victories for nature is something that fills me full of purpose. For years, you and I have fought tooth and nail for historic bans on bee-killing pesticides -- and together we can still save them.

We’ve still got a good shot at stopping Dow -- we just need to scrape together enough donations to pay these top-notch lawyers.

Donating just takes a moment -- use Paypal or your card.

Please, can you chip in $1 to save the bees?

Over the years, you’ve achieved so much in the fight to save the bees: SumOfUs members like you have gone to court before against Dow Chemical -- and won. This is the final appeal, if we win this, Dow will have to accept defeat!

And we haven’t got time to lose, especially for the bumblebees: Research published in the prestigious Nature journal found that exposure to Dow’s chemical sulfoxaflor reduced both the size of bumblebee colonies and the number of offspring produced by a whopping 54 percent!

If Dow wins this, it would be a huge setback in our global fight to keep the bees safe. It sets a dangerous precedent if France overturns its ban on bee-killing pesticides -- many other countries might follow.

Donating just takes a moment -- use Paypal or your card.

So please, will you chip in $1 to save the bees from deadly pesticides?

Thanks for all that you do,
Nabil and the team at SumOfUs

More information:

(In French) Dow AgroSciences is appealing the decision to cancel the ban of two insecticides, Actu Environnement, 19 March 2020

(In French) Corteva wants to overturn the ban on sulfoxaflor, La France Agricole, 19 March 2020

France bans two US pesticides, citing risk to bees, Phys.org, 4 December 2019

SumOfUs is a worldwide movement of people like you, working together to hold corporations accountable for their actions and forge a new, sustainable path for our global economy.

Sent: Monday, April 13, 2020 5:18 PM
Subject: Horrible news for the bees